NEW CHICKENS?? WTH ARE THESE

Good or bad breed to have? But they're definitely not full OEGB??
They were imported to America for cock fighting, so the aggressive tendencies are still there, so I'd be a little nervous. Hopefully they'll be fine though. They're super cute. Sad to think of them in fights to the death.

They were imported to America for cock fighting, so the aggressive tendencies are still there, so I'd be a little nervous. Hopefully they'll be fine though. They're super cute. Sad to think of them in fights to the death.
These are old English game bantams. They aren't bred for fighting.
Here's my OEGB roo (top middle) hanging out with two mixed breed roos:
P_20181028_121646_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Last edited:
These are old English game bantams. They aren't bred for fighting.
Here's my OEGB roo (top middle) hanging out with two mixed breed roos:
View attachment 1835278
What breed am I thinking of then? I could have sworn it was OEGBs. There was a book at a feed store that talked about the different breeds and I'm pretty sure that's what it said...this is gonna drive me crazy now. :he

What breed am I thinking of then? I could have sworn it was OEGBs. There was a book at a feed store that talked about the different breeds and I'm pretty sure that's what it said...this is gonna drive me crazy now. :he
You might've been thinking of standard old English gamefowl, though they're a lot less common. American gamefowl are the most common ones. There's also shamo, Malay, aseel, etc.

You might've been thinking of standard old English gamefowl, though they're a lot less common. American gamefowl are the most common ones. There's also shamo, Malay, aseel, etc.
You are correct. It was the standard OEG that were bred for cock fights. Did a bit of googling and made the distinction. Thanks. Sorry to give misinformation.

Back
Top Bottom