New chickens

TerriChad2020

Chirping
Jul 13, 2022
So I have just gotten new chickens it's only been a couple weeks and I found that if the 6 I got thinking they were all hens or pullets that 2 bullets were actually roosters. I have rehomed 1 of the roosters and am in the process of rehoming the 2nd however the 3rd chicken that can with the 2 roosters in concerned may get stressed once the rooster is gone. But now I'm thinking she may be happy they have actually started to idk get annoyed with each other the 3 I absolutely know are hens have actually started to get closer to me but still won't eat from my hand and it's because the rooster runs over and knocks then out the way and eats and his eating out of my hand has gotten kinda aggressive. The poor little oddball seems to barely get any treats. Then the roster goes at her and she puffs all up.. So 1st actual? What kinda hen is she? And what kind of bantams do I have(theres 3) and why is my green and rooster seeming to fight? My oddball is the one in the coop in the 1st pic and my 3 bantams I think are gold laced cochins they are the 3 in the back part of the 2nd pic

So I have just gotten new chickens it's only been a couple weeks and I found that if the 6 I got thinking they were all hens or pullets that 2 bullets were actually roosters. I have rehomed 1 of the roosters and am in the process of rehoming the 2nd however the 3rd chicken that can with the 2 roosters in concerned may get stressed once the rooster is gone. But now I'm thinking she may be happy they have actually started to idk get annoyed with each other the 3 I absolutely know are hens have actually started to get closer to me but still won't eat from my hand and it's because the rooster runs over and knocks then out the way and eats and his eating out of my hand has gotten kinda aggressive. The poor little oddball seems to barely get any treats. Then the roster goes at her and she puffs all up.. So 1st actual? What kinda hen is she? And what kind of bantams do I have(theres 3) and why is my green and rooster seeming to fight? My oddball is the one in the coop in the 1st pic and my 3 bantams I think are gold laced cochins they are the 3 in the back part of the 2nd pic
Pictures?

Attachments

• 20220706_165832.jpg
    20220706_165832.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220701_180303.jpg
    20220701_180303.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 2
The bantams are Sebright mixes. They are hens. The other is a silver Leghorn, I believe. She looks younger so is a pullet. I have no idea why there is fighting but hens will fight just like roosters sometimes.

I actually thought they were sebright bantams at first and my silver girl she's fighting the rooster they are both young he just started cockadoodling and she follows him all over but then he'll I guess try to show her who's boss and her father's all fluff on her neck. I actually thought she was a silver duckwing welsummer .. she's got all the same markings as the ones I've seen. I feel like she may get a bit stressed soon I had to rehome the roosters they are not allowed in my twp. So the brother went last Fri and this brother will be gone Saturday. .. another? The bantams will not since the first day I got them go in the coop do you think it's because there were roosters in there and they are older. And I've had everyone about a month now and I've gotten no eggs yet?

Back
Top Bottom