New chicks and now a broody hen

TheklaF

Chirping
Apr 16, 2018
Northern Virginia
I’ve been wanting to get more chickens and was hoping one of my hens would go broody. Since none of them seemed interested I got 7 chicks from McMurrays. Now my hen is brooding 🙃 chicken Math at its finest!

once my new chicks hatch do I need to add chick food to the coop? Can I leave them in the regular coop? I have a second smaller coop but wanted to put my other chicks in it when they have their feathers.

I’ve been wanting to get more chickens and was hoping one of my hens would go broody. Since none of them seemed interested I got 7 chicks from McMurrays. Now my hen is brooding 🙃 chicken Math at its finest!

once my new chicks hatch do I need to add chick food to the coop? Can I leave them in the regular coop? I have a second smaller coop but wanted to put my other chicks in it when they have their feathers.
What so are you asking if the broody chickens babies hatch can you keep them with the chicks you bought? Are you saying would the chicks need there own food apart from the big ones? If so then yes they won’t be able to eat the big girl food.

Back
Top Bottom