New Chicks Dead!!!!!!

I had a dear friend, now deceased, who worked for the post office... He said the reason they call on Sunday for chick receivers is that they can't stand the constant chirping
lau.gif
inside the building 'cause it echo's in that cinder block building.
gig.gif

Oh and I'm sorry for your loss...
hugs.gif
love.gif
Hope you get restitution.

Last edited:
McMurray was good about getting our money refunded when we lost 22 of 26 chicks. We also called the post office to report the problem, because our post office probably caused most of the losses. They put our chicks out on regular truck for delivery instead of calling, so the chicks were in freezing weather for a couple hours.

We ordered chicks from McMurray and received them on Feb 7. We lost 10 chicks: 1 dead in the box, 2 later that day, and another 7 overnight and the next day. I called McMurray and there was absolutely no hassles getting the replacements. I just had to tell them what we had lost. I had the option of the box being filled with extras (at no extra cost) but I took the opportunity to order more chickens we wanted to try to make up the 25. My second batch of chicks arrived Feb 14. They were all healthy and robust and a week later are doing great.

Hope that helps

Vickie
Kelso, WA

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor chicks. If you picked them up at the post office, ask to speak to the manager. Verify where they kept the chicks. The box should have been labeled "LIVE POULTRY" which means that the post office should have known not to keep them in a drafty or cold area. Please be sure to do this, since your future orders will be undoubtedly arriving at your post office and you want to take preventative measures should the postal workers not paid attention to what the box container. As for McMurrays, they are very good with customer service. Call them as soon as possible so that they can either credit your account or send you replacement chicks. Again, I'm sorry... what a terrible thing to discover when you're so excited to receive your little peeps!

Sorry about your chickes.
hugs.gif
That must've been awful!

I've heard McMurray has great customer service and they'll happily replace your deceased chicks.

Back
Top Bottom