New chicks! Hatched Yesterday.

That's awesome, you incubator is rammed!

The golden deathlayer sounds terrifying! Like the Voldemort of the Chicken world.

Fluffball sounds like she could be a pretty mix.

Legbars I think do lay blue eggs, we might be getting one on Sunday. We've already got a lot going on chicken wise but with the avian flu issue here I think we need to act when we have the chance. One poultry place has already shut down permanently because of it and I know some hobby hatcheries are struggling and might not see out the year. So we might get this one and two green egg layers that are called Marsbars.

I love the name of your chicks, they are brilliant.
Yes, it really is. I can't fit anything else in it. If it didn't have an automatic turner bar, I could fit about three more in, but that turner isn't detachable and it takes up a lot of space.

Voldemort of the chicken world! My goodness. I might name it Voldy if it hatches. 🤣

All of my mutts are lovely. I hate to sound snobbish, but they just are. I love my chickens. :D

Oh, okay. I always thought they laid white eggs. I hear they're flighty, too... Yeah, I've been concerned about Avian. I hope all your birds stay safe! I've never heard of a Marsbar, other than the candy of course. Just looked them up, and they're very pretty.

Thank you very much! I pride myself on my chicken names. And I name every single one. (I have a lot.) I love Nugget and Yondu, though. What is a Yondu?

Yes, it really is. I can't fit anything else in it. If it didn't have an automatic turner bar, I could fit about three more in, but that turner isn't detachable and it takes up a lot of space.

Voldemort of the chicken world! My goodness. I might name it Voldy if it hatches. 🤣

All of my mutts are lovely. I hate to sound snobbish, but they just are. I love my chickens. :D

Oh, okay. I always thought they laid white eggs. I hear they're flighty, too... Yeah, I've been concerned about Avian. I hope all your birds stay safe! I've never heard of a Marsbar, other than the candy of course. Just looked them up, and they're very pretty.

Thank you very much! I pride myself on my chicken names. And I name every single one. (I have a lot.) I love Nugget and Yondu, though. What is a Yondu?

🤣 I hope Voldy hatches I need to see a picture of this bird!

I think legbars lay blue, and leghorns white. I always get them mixed up. The leghorns are flighty for sure but I'm not sure about legbars. We've got a leghorn hybrid and she is mental! She's so scatty, always first to bed. She goes into the coop and then comes out and stands on the stairs calling the other girls in. And she is fast!

I love mutts, how they turn out is a surprise. I wish we had Easter eggers here they fascinate me!

Yondu is a character from the Guardians of the galaxy movie. He was going to be Quill from the same movie but my daughter kept calling him Yondu 🤣

Yeah, if the egg is black, it wasn't laid by a chicken.

I'll get some pictures of the Cemanis today and post them, as well as a picture of my tiny little incubator... It's very full! The reccomendation is 9-12 eggs; I have 21 in there right now. I'm probably not going to get a very good hatching rate though. It's very wonderful to hatch chickens.

In the bator:
Rare breeds 'barnyard mix': Red Blue-laced Wyandottes (2), Copper Marans (3), Pita Pinta Austuriana (2), Barbezioux (2), Isbar (1), Cream Legbar (1), Golden Deathlayer (1), two of a Russian breed that I can't remember (not Orloff), and Swedish Flower (1). Do Legbars lay really pale blue eggs?
Two of my Barred Rock eggs (hoping for one mixed with my Favorelles Zloty).
Four guinea eggs.

The five toed fluffball might actually be a Favorelles/Brahma mix. It was just an egg that I thought might be from my Lavender Orpington, but looking at the way the chick is built, it might be a brahma. I'll have to see how she feathers. My definitely LO chick (the assisted hatch) is named Zoya if she's a hen, Nickolai if she's a rooster. A family member named an Ayam Cemani Zoza, and I named the other three: The Darkling, Vesper, and Kaz/Inej (dependent on sex).
Guinea eggs require a higher temperature and a longer incubation period, 28 days.

So exciting though! Love your chicks!

🤣 I hope Voldy hatches I need to see a picture of this bird!

I think legbars lay blue, and leghorns white. I always get them mixed up. The leghorns are flighty for sure but I'm not sure about legbars. We've got a leghorn hybrid and she is mental! She's so scatty, always first to bed. She goes into the coop and then comes out and stands on the stairs calling the other girls in. And she is fast!

I love mutts, how they turn out is a surprise. I wish we had Easter eggers here they fascinate me!

Yondu is a character from the Guardians of the galaxy movie. He was going to be Quill from the same movie but my daughter kept calling him Yondu 🤣
Whoa, sorry for a late reply!

Voldy's looking good so far! Day 12, fingers crossed!

Got it. Yeah, I definitely don't want leghorns.

:D Easters are pretty great. Maybe you could get some for the holiday. 🤣

Oh, got it. I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy.

Will post update today on the cheepers.

IMG_0319.jpg

This is the Brahma/Salmon Favorelles mix that is unnamed. She's the prettiest mutt chick I've ever seen.
IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

The yellow one is Alina (mutt x Americauna).
IMG_0321.jpg

Gray one is Zoya or Nickolai (mutt x Lavender Orpington).
You can't tell Virgil apart from the Ayam Cemanis in the picture, but she's there.
Just under two weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom