New chicks! Hatched Yesterday.

Apr 19, 2022
221B Baker Street
Here you go, @Tretinker !
Tons of pictures. Most will be in random order, but I'll tell you a bit about them.

IMG_0299.jpg

This is a Lavender Orpington hen mixed with a mutt rooster. She was last to hatch and an assisted hatch (very, very assisted), but she's doing fine now. I can post pictures of the parents if you want too.
IMG_0294.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg

This one also has my lavender orpington for a mother and one of my Salmon Favorelles for a father. She has five toes! Utra-fluffy, too. This one was our second hatcher.
IMG_0298.jpg

This is Alina. Her mother is an americauna and her father is the rooster mutt. She has a lot of him in her. Has her mother's eyes though!
IMG_0303.jpg

The Darlings in the brooder.
IMG_0297.jpg

Alina again.
IMG_0292.jpg
IMG_0291.jpg

The fluff ball.
IMG_0296.jpg

Alina.
IMG_0301.jpg
IMG_0300.jpg

The assisted hatcher. Sorry for the randomness...
IMG_0295.jpg

Alina.
IMG_0290.jpg
IMG_0287.JPG
IMG_0286.jpg
IMG_0285.jpg
IMG_0284.jpg
IMG_0283.jpg

All of these ones are Virgil. Her mother is a barred Plymouth rock mixed with the mutt rooster. She was our first hatcher. She assisted all of the other hatches too. She was by herself for several hours and would peck at the shells of the other chicks' eggs, even peeling shell and membrane off! She has quite the personality.

They're all super sweet, and they'll be getting some playmates soon. I'm getting some Ayam Cemani chicks today! Also getting a dozen rare breed hatching eggs.

That's awesome, you incubator is rammed!

The golden deathlayer sounds terrifying! Like the Voldemort of the Chicken world.

Fluffball sounds like she could be a pretty mix.

Legbars I think do lay blue eggs, we might be getting one on Sunday. We've already got a lot going on chicken wise but with the avian flu issue here I think we need to act when we have the chance. One poultry place has already shut down permanently because of it and I know some hobby hatcheries are struggling and might not see out the year. So we might get this one and two green egg layers that are called Marsbars.

I love the name of your chicks, they are brilliant.

Last edited:
That's awesome, you incubator is rammed!

The golden deathlayer sounds terrifying! Like the Voldemort of the Chicken world.

Fluffball sounds like she could be a pretty mix.

Legbars I think do lay blue eggs, we might be getting one on Sunday. We've already got a lot going on chicken wise but with the avian flu issue here I think we need to act when we have the chance. One poultry place has already shut down permanently because of it and I know some hobby hatcheries are struggling and might not see out the year. So we might get this one and two green egg layers that are called Marsbars.

I love the name of your chicks, they are brilliant.
Yes, it really is. I can't fit anything else in it. If it didn't have an automatic turner bar, I could fit about three more in, but that turner isn't detachable and it takes up a lot of space.

Voldemort of the chicken world! My goodness. I might name it Voldy if it hatches. 🤣

All of my mutts are lovely. I hate to sound snobbish, but they just are. I love my chickens. :D

Oh, okay. I always thought they laid white eggs. I hear they're flighty, too... Yeah, I've been concerned about Avian. I hope all your birds stay safe! I've never heard of a Marsbar, other than the candy of course. Just looked them up, and they're very pretty.

Thank you very much! I pride myself on my chicken names. And I name every single one. (I have a lot.) I love Nugget and Yondu, though. What is a Yondu?

Back
Top Bottom