1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Chicks /need info.on feeding

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by noobi_rooster, May 16, 2007.

1. noobi_rooster

noobi_rooster New Egg

Apr 25, 2007
    We have new chicks might be 3.4 days old ..I do not know...

Can anyone give us basic info on how much to feed them each day? And are they ok in the same box ? Yeah Yeah new guy here ..hehehe..

Any newborn info i can get will be great

thanks noobi rooster

2. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Yes they will be fine in the same box, as long as they have enough room. They will need a heat lamp, as well as a feeder and waterer. You will want them to have a constant supply of fresh water, and food. They will eat alot. You will also want to line the box with pine shavings, covered with papertowels, the first couple of days, then just the pine shavings.

if you have any more questions, dont be afraid to ask

3. noobi_rooster

noobi_rooster New Egg

Apr 25, 2007
    [​IMG] Thank you crazy ...I feel much better now:cool:

noobi rooster

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Welcome....and congrats on your new chicks! ( got pics?)
    Make sure you get them the chick starter. they need a constant supply of feed. No need for grit, it is already in the feed, and no treats yet. Not for a few weeks. A thermoeter in the brooder(box) will let you know what the temp is, needs to be 95 the first week, and decrease the temp by 5 degrees every week by raising the light. If they are all laying in a pile, they are cold....if panting....too hot. They should walk around the box, chirping happily. Make sure the waterer is not too deep, as they could drown. Maybe put marbles in the dish. Have fun with your new babies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by