New chicks...one has no eyes...horrific

Pics

dct10

Songster
Aug 24, 2020
Has anyone ever heard of this? We received our chicks from McMurray's yesterday. All are healthy and doing fine but one of the Partridge Cochins appears not to have any eyes. One looks like an empty socket and the other appears to be a large and white bump. There are no injuries that would lead me to believe she was pecked. Any guidance would be appreciated. I sent an email and left a mssg to McMurray's but have not heard back from them.

pictures would.help. maybe its a deformity of so its not so horrific. mannnnnnnnny hens live full.healthy lives blind. Also I doubt little.chixks would of pexkedits eyes out. Good luck!!!

Sorry it took me some time to get photos dloaded. Brace yourselves. She's a week old and has not grown. She's half the size as the others and we try to feed her with a dropper. Not good There is no discharge or signs of trauma. She was hatched this way. The wet-looking substance is antibiotic ointment we have been trying on the off chance it's an infection of some sort.

Attachments

• IMG_0647 (1).jpg
    IMG_0647 (1).jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 74
Sorry it took me some time to get photos dloaded. Brace yourselves. She's a week old and has not grown. She's half the size as the others and we try to feed her with a dropper. Not good There is no discharge or signs of trauma. She was hatched this way. The wet-looking substance is antibiotic ointment we have been trying on the off chance it's an infection of some sort.
Her head is shaped odd too

Oh dear. I would probably cull her if she were mine. Poor thing.

Back
Top Bottom