New chicks...one has no eyes...horrific

Pics
Sorry but I'll be the meany. You let the animal suffer because it makes you feel better because you wrapped it in a warm towel? Guess I'm just an A-hole because I had to grow up raising cattle and putting them down when they needed it. A towel don't work on animals you cant hold down and it don't work on the ones you can. End of the day you were dying and suffering would you want a towel put on you or you want to just be put out of your pain?
Animal husbandry means you give that animal the best life they can live. Some animals live years and it's your job to make sure they are happy. Some don't and it's your job to put them down cleanly without suffering. You might suffer because of it but you done the best thing for that animal. You signed up for that job when you decided to own and raise any animal.
Good point but in my case I cannot leave disease dying animal in the brooder with the others I've learned the hard way. I let one die in the cold or all die in the warm. I am not risking even if it's cruel.

Good point but in my case I cannot leave disease dying animal in the brooder with the others I've learned the hard way. I let one die in the cold or all die in the warm. I am not risking even if it's cruel.
No, that's not the point. You don't leave the dying animal in the brooder, you take it and euthanize it immediately to stop it's suffering though either a quick snip or a sharp twist. If you were obviously in pain and dying and knew there was no hope, would you rather be shown kindness and mercy or be left to deal with your pain until it killed you on its own?

I can't tolerate blood that's not an option for me
Cover it with a towel. Do whatever you must, but don't let an animal in your care suffer. I'm sorry but if you can't relieve an animal of its suffering perhaps you shouldn't have any. This is hard, I understand, but we become responsible for the animals we take into our care. This is part of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom