New Chicks

mct01

Chirping
Apr 11, 2016
Lascassas, Tn
We just received our order from Tractor Supply. First time to have chicks delivered so we didn't know what to expect. I called our post office to let them know the chicks we're on the way. Phone rang at 6 am yesterday to let me know the package had arrived and there was loud peeping coming from the box. We ordered 10 Isa Browns. We currently have 15 Isa Browns that are close to 4 years old and are slowing down. If you want eggs they are incredible layers. Pretty much one large egg per day from each of them for the first 3 years.
I picked the box up and opened it when i got home. All had survived the trip. When I put them in cage I noticed they had sent 12 instead of 10. All running around active. I went to work and when I came home 1 had died. All the rest looked good but one. Tried to coax her to drink and eat but not interested. This morning she was dead. The other 10 are all eating and drinking good. All in all we are happy and would recommend ordering them again. Time will tell how many are female. 90% accuracy was what the website stated. The hatchery was Hoover's Hatchery, can't say anything but good about them.

Congrats on the new babies, sorry for the losses, don't forget to check for pasty butts

Thanks also on the feedback on is a browns, That's good info :)

Back
Top Bottom