New Chicks :)

Cristin

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
Hello all chicken owners!
smile.png
I am new to the world of chickens keeping and have just started my own little flock with two cute 2week old Buff Orpingtons. I was just wondering if the fact that they are constantly chirping a bad sign? they are always warm and have food and water at all times... Any other tips for a newbie like me would be great! Thanks
smile.png
Cristín x

Cristín :

Hello all chicken owners!
smile.png
I am new to the world of chickens keeping and have just started my own little flock with two cute 2week old Buff Orpingtons. I was just wondering if the fact that they are constantly chirping a bad sign? they are always warm and have food and water at all times... Any other tips for a newbie like me would be great! Thanks
smile.png
Cristín x

welcome-byc.gif

I'm new to the chicken world myself...but I've had my babies since Sat and they wont hush up either!! They seem happy, they go away from the lamp when hot or back under when cold....always with food and water....so I think they just like to be loud!!!!!
idunno.gif
lol​

Another newbie, just got my first chicks today. We had some when I was growing up but I was young and mostly my parents cared for them, so I consider myself a relative newbie. Anyhow, mine have been alternating between noisy and very quiet all day. Seems like they all wake up and run around for awhile then all take a nap. As long as the door is shut to the room they are in, they seem quiet, but as soon as I open the door, they get excited. Could it be they recognize that mama is coming in already?
love.gif
wink.png

Congratulations on your new chicks! Yes, they peep a lot but there is a difference between the 'chatty' peep and the 'worried' peep. The worried peep is loud and insistent. The chatty peep is soft but constant as the brood like to talk to each other constantly.

welcome-byc.gif
you're going t love having chickens! you'll be able to tell the happy peeps from the unhappy peeps quickly! have fun and get some pics up as soon as you can!!

i have had the same issue with one of my chicks only it was a silk neck. He didn't have any issues. he just wants attention. hold him for a bit. OR, if you have her, than put him with the mother. hold him in a warm position ( such as tucked into your shirt.) all he wants is attention. hope this helps
big_smile.png

Hi and BIG COGRATS!! Where's the pictures?! I'm a newbie too and very jealous - of all of you! I have my coop (needs some finish work) and my brooder but no chicks! I am away almost half of Juy so I'm waiting till August to get my chicks.

Quick question - I see you have just 2 chicks. Any reason for 2 vs 3? And how did you aquire just 2 if I may ask?

I really want one, but will obviously get two. But my husband thinks 3 is a better number *lol* I'm just curious
smile.png
And not many posters have "just 2" so I have noticed. Good luck with that
wink.png

~julie

only 8-weeks here...yes you will know a freekin peep from everyday, i left mine in a sunny spot to long and they let me know they didnt have cover! All ok now. but it is facinating while they eat ,...thay can peep the entire time...incredible!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom