New comer from Columbus, OH

monkeymom

In the Brooder
May 9, 2015
Hi everyone! I just got my first chicks yesterday. They are about 48-72 hours old now and are New Hampshire Reds! I'm so excited about them as I have wanted backyard chickens for a while but didn't live in an area that allowed them.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new chicks :celebrate How exciting for you to be able to start your chicken adventure now that you are allowed to keep them. Raising chicks is a wonderful and very rewarding experience. It's also lots of fun and something I enjoy very much. In fact I'm waiting on my next eggs to hatch in a weeks time and I'm getting itchy fingers already. The house is very quiet without any chicks in at the moment. I'm sure your going to enjoy raising your chicks they are such cute fuzzy butts when newly hatched. Here is a lovely article on raising chicks >
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-chicks-artificially

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help you along the way and very friendly.
Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. I'm glad you were finally able to get some chickens. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your NH chicks.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Congrats on your new chicks! RIRs are great chickens. You'll be getting lots of eggs from them once they start laying. Good luck with them! Feel free to ask any questions.

Back
Top Bottom