New Coop 90% complete...pix's

florida lee

Songster
8 Years
Apr 6, 2011
Morriston,fl
Have my new coop about 90% complete,,,,need to do the roof and install hardware cloth. 5 nest boxes is probably too many.
First pix is with helpers......looks like they may have a future in air traffic control....
85475_imgp1068.jpg

Pop doors are controlled via rope and pulleys. So I don't have to enter coop to open. they are weighted so I don't believe they can be opened by an animal from the outside. Also with a 3" lip so little hands can't reach the bottom edge.. there are two doors as I have two separate runs....
85475_imgp1070.jpg

poop boards are 24" wide, but I expect chicks to walk on them to and from roost and as a lunching point to jump down from....
85475_imgp1071.jpg

All open walls will be hardware cloth to help ventilation.
85475_imgp1069.jpg

Like the guy who built boat in basement.....now to get it out of my work area. actually the plan is to take it apart and move in pieces, Its built to come apart easily.
Chicks are getting big ( 15 wks old today)...gotta get this done asap.

Love the open design and can't wait to see your finished pics.
What is the size specs on it?
Love the mint green color too.

When ur done just ship it on over.
lol.png

AWESOME! Looks like you really thought it out, from the ladder to the nest box perch to and feeder. And the extra lip for the bottom of the door is a great idea. Look forward to seeing it all done.

thumbsup.gif

looks awesome.... I have 5 ladies... and 3 nestboxes..... They ALL fight over the same one every day.
smile.png
but the option is always there...

As they squawk wanting their turn, or huddle in the 1 box (have had all 5 in there at one time) I tell them, "There's another one RIGHT there"...
smile.png

They don't seem to want to listen...

I have a work area between my sheds that's covered and concreted. Sorta like a breeze way,,,,good place to work on larger projects. This way I can work in the shade with water,electric etc.
Now I have to take the coop apart and move to the area to be reassembled. Only problem will be the base, its plywood on 2x6 pt for skids. and very heavy. plan on dragging with the truck but can only get it so close to the run then its muscle power to get it on the cement blocks. once the base is in position then the wall will sit on base , lagged to base, and walls screwed together with deck screws. then roof built in place (I did not prebuild roof.)

Back
Top Bottom