New coop ... Added CHICKENS! Conversion PICS on pgs 2, 4, 5, 7 & 9

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
I am so excited. My new araucana breeder coop is coming. We ordered it on 8/22 and they told us it wouldn't be ready for about 4 weeks. Well, they called Wednesday while I was away on a business trip (only a week and a half later) to say it is ready for delivery.
ya.gif
Well, this is obviously exciting news, but we aren't ready for it.
barnie.gif
Charlie and I have been busy taking down trees and got a load of shale mix delivered yesterday to prep the site. What we thought we had a couple weeks to prepare for is no longer..we have got to get it done now and fast.
th.gif

Just stopped in to say hello and give you guys the great news. I will post pics as we get things moving along. More work to do...
wee.gif

Jody

Last edited:
Jody ... good to hear from you. Wow, that is a great surprise and boy, are you gunna be busy this weekend.
lol.png

Can't wait to see pictures.

It is 24 X 12 and will be split into 4 breeder pens. We ordered the one with the garage door on one end, so it can eventually be converted back into a garage for Charlie's tractors and such. The front doors are barn style double doors and it has windows and vents.

For the conversion into breeder pens, we will put a 3 foot walkway inside the whole front wall. Then put the indoor walls up to separate the coops and have doors going into each one. Pop open doors will be added to the back, where they will have access to outdoor flight areas. We haven't decided on the size of those yet, but probably around 12 foot out from the coop for each breeder section.

I am so excited to finally get more space to organize my babies. I promise to post pics of it when it gets here and I will also show the conversion into the breeder pens. This is so much fun. And gosh, I'm just glad we didn't have to build it. I bet Charlie is too.
smile.png

Jody

Congratulations!!!!!!
smile.png
That is so exciting!!!!! Do you have any pics to show of it's model?
pop.gif

I want a new building soooo bad. When I drive by all the farms in my area I just dream of what I could do w/ their buildings.
roll.png
Hopefully soon. Oh, sigh!

Can't wait to see it!
pop.gif

Quote:
lol.png
Thats not happening

lau.gif
How do you know me so well?
gig.gif

Jody

Hey Smitty..sorry I missed your post before. I don't have pics yet, but soon. I look at all those unused old farm buildings too and think to myself, that would make a great coop and what all I could do with it. LOL Funny how us chicken folks think alike.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom