New Coop Blueprint

Pics
I am so confused. There has to be another vent on the roof over then the soffit vents?
Yours would be at the front - the highest point of the roof. As long as there is an overhang you can create lovely ventilation without letting water in.
Then you would do the same at the back - the lowest point of the roof. Again with a nice big overhang it is ventilation without letting rain or snow in.

Yours would be at the front - the highest point of the roof. As long as there is an overhang you can create lovely ventilation without letting water in.
Then you would do the same at the back - the lowest point of the roof. Again with a nice big overhang it is ventilation without letting rain or snow in.
6BB82983-AA53-4333-AEF1-6B27394AF981.jpeg

It’s kind hard to picture what i have in the head... but where the roof over hangs the walls, that will be where the soffit vents go? And i need another vent on the front and the back?

View attachment 2822548
It’s kind hard to picture what i have in the head... but where the roof over hangs the walls, that will be where the soffit vents go? And i need another vent on the front and the back?
Exactly right on the soffit vents front and back.
After that some people might say it is enough but I would go further.
On your design I would put some ‘cut outs’ on the front. High up so they are sheltered by the overhang. I would probably do a few cut-outs similarly at the bottom.
Make sure you have roof overhang on the sides (not just front and back) and then you could put some cut-outs on both sides as well. Have some fun with those like I did with my triangles so they become a feature part of the design!
This is going to be great!

Exactly right on the soffit vents front and back.
After that some people might say it is enough but I would go further.
On your design I would put some ‘cut outs’ on the front. High up so they are sheltered by the overhang. I would probably do a few cut-outs similarly at the bottom.
Make sure you have roof overhang on the sides (not just front and back) and then you could put some cut-outs on both sides as well. Have some fun with those like I did with my triangles so they become a feature part of the design!
This is going to be great!
If i’m under the understanding, soffits, extra vents and windows?!?

We have this type of vent right now, would this work under the soffits?
You will get more ventilation if you just cover the space with h/w cloth. All those ‘fins’ cut down the airflow and are not necessary if you have a roof overhang as the overhang will stop rain getting in.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom