New coop finally done **pics**

My 8*16 will hold 32 birds comfortably prolly wouldn't want much more than that. For a general coop rule your birds need 4 square foot of coop space

Quote:
I have gotten in with 3 business owners that receive pallets of one kind or another. One company gets 3 X 3 X 10' long pallets with 2x4 cross boards. I have been collecting them for sone time and have over 300 now. It takes time to remove nails and dissamble, but I don't have to spend money on materials like that and it's better than going in a landfill.
So my coop design is based on the materials I can obtain. There is alot of material out there, ya' just gotta look for it.

Joe

Quote:
how many chickens does yours hold? and what is t-111? i'd like one to hold around 30.

t-111 is a type of plywood material.

mine holds 9 but would prob hold 12 comfy enough...they all use 1 nest box anyway...lol

Quote:
We should take bets on whether or not you finish in time
lol.png

We started ours the week we got our chicks, and 8 weeks later, they were still in the brooder
hide.gif

Fortunately, that week we were able to finally move them out.
lol.png

Can't wait to see the finished product! I don't have much to spend
sad.png
like the pallet idea! I think I may be able to use an old swing setup that was my grandkids.. They have two and don't use one of them. I saw one done on the site and was very impressive. Such good ideas on this forum and so much good advice.
big_smile.png

~~pat~~

Back
Top Bottom