New coop is done!!!!!! DUW pics added LOL Sorry

jeaucamom

Songster
12 Years
Oct 1, 2007
Ophir, CA
Here is my new vinyl coop the kids and I put together. (okay, we did have some help with the foundation. I can NOT overstress the importance of the word LEVEL!!) I have to compliment Hillcrest, the maker, as the intructions were PERFECT and everything was pre-drilled and labeled beautifully.

The girls were going crazy!! They loved it. But boy was it quiet inside last night
sad.png

DSCN2518.jpg

DSCN2519.jpg

DSCN2520.jpg

DSCN2521.jpg

How do you beat this view???
DSCN2523.jpg

DSCN2524.jpg

DSCN2526.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics! I am hoping to get working on my coop this weekend...especially now that the chicks are getting big and loud! All this spring snow has hindered my progress.

Jeaucamom, where are you at? Looks like we could be beighbors with that view! LOL

We are in Grass Valley CA so I imagine we have much of the same looking surroundings. Although, I sure wish I was up there with all the snow!!

We got this shed at Lowe's, they are on clearance because they are not making this model anymore. It was still close to a thousand dollars though. Lot's of money, but not too much more than what I paid for all the material for my 4x8 that I had to build from scratch and took enormous amounts of time and energy and is a very poor example of architecture LOL! So for me, it was well worth it.

A fine looking coop. Would you consider painting the exposed lumber and decking, it would make it last much longer, also seal the bottom of the coop to the deck with caulking, silicon caulk or butyl caulk would be great.
smile.png

Yes, that is on the to do list. Hopefully in the next week or so. Is the caulking to prevent water getting under the coop and rotting the wood??

yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

great job......... I know it took some doing. I loathe the word Level myself...... how happy the chickies must be , not to mention the smell in your house must be letting up uh !
wink.png

Looks good enough I would move there !

Back
Top Bottom