new coop/rod

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by hen-bound, Oct 16, 2010.

1. hen-bound

hen-bound New Egg

Oct 13, 2010
    Tannersville
    hello and thanks for taken a look. I'm as green as they come. this is my first coop, any input will be welcome.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Love the coop I would have used hardware cloth on the door though. Other than that beautiful!!!

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

[​IMG]

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

And you can tote it to the store too so you don't have to leave your babies at home!! No, seriously...

I just want to tell you this too:

The fencing you selected will allow weasels and rats to enter the coop. They kill chickens happily. Hardware cloth will not let predators in. I recommend screwing some on with large washers (yes, the windows, too).

Beautiful coop!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  4. hen-bound

hen-bound New Egg

Oct 13, 2010
    Tannersville
    Thank you for the imput! there is another part to the door that close the door to wind. there will now be chicken wire over the door and windows.thanks you. I took them foe a ride today. I will stain and paint trim and add the outdoor lighting this week. I will post them pics

5. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    That's awesome! Love that's it's portable. Easy to evacuate when there's a fire [​IMG]

6. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    [​IMG]

7. TomG

TomG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Lake Oswego
    Very, very nice! If I had some land I would steal your idea!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    how large is the coop, looks like alot of chickens in there. Chicken wire won't help, it won't stop raccoons and other determined predators. You really do need the hardware cloth.

9. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG] Need to relocate the licence plate and tail lights, add a fold out run and then you could tow them behind your RV and tour America![​IMG]

10. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    I think it looks nice. As long as you have coverings for the door and windows you will be fine. I couldn't tell it was your first one looks professional. What are you going to call it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by