new coop/rod

hen-bound

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Tannersville
hello and thanks for taken a look. I'm as green as they come. this is my first coop, any input will be welcome.
69724_100_0314.jpg

69724_100_0308.jpg

69724_100_0323.jpg

69724_100_0324.jpg

69724_100_0328.jpg

69724_100_0328.jpg

69724_100_0322.jpg

welcome-byc.gif

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

And you can tote it to the store too so you don't have to leave your babies at home!! No, seriously...

I just want to tell you this too:

The fencing you selected will allow weasels and rats to enter the coop. They kill chickens happily. Hardware cloth will not let predators in. I recommend screwing some on with large washers (yes, the windows, too).

Beautiful coop!

Last edited:
Thank you for the imput! there is another part to the door that close the door to wind. there will now be chicken wire over the door and windows.thanks you. I took them foe a ride today. I will stain and paint trim and add the outdoor lighting this week. I will post them pics

how large is the coop, looks like alot of chickens in there. Chicken wire won't help, it won't stop raccoons and other determined predators. You really do need the hardware cloth.

big_smile.png
Need to relocate the licence plate and tail lights, add a fold out run and then you could tow them behind your RV and tour America!
lol.png

I think it looks nice. As long as you have coverings for the door and windows you will be fine. I couldn't tell it was your first one looks professional. What are you going to call it.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom