New coop w/poop pit pics, finished!!!

love.gif
That coop and its poop pit is a work of art!
love.gif

Thanks Judy... We have been working hard at getting it done. Almost there. Are you going to Kelly's?

Last edited:
I'm planning to go to Kelly's; we have to go look at my daughter's engagement proofs at the photographer's at 10am, so I would be coming after that. I wanted to be there for the processing demo, but I don't know if I'll make it. I haven't decided if I'm bringing any chicks, though. I look forward to seeing you!
smile.png

We moved the pullets into their new coop today. We intstalled the brackets for their feeder and waterer and put the door in for access out side of the coop to the nest boxes. We still have a little bit of odds and ends to do but can work at it at our leisure.

111809008.jpg
111809002.jpg
111809006.jpg
111809010.jpg
111809011.jpg

looks great well done was also good to watch it in stages,just shows what you can do if you put you mind to it:)

Great coop cmom. Your birds will be stylin' this winter. I like the idea that it's up on blocks and could be moved with your tractor if need be. The pit does make cleaning much easier. I use a pit, but inside our henhouse. My winters are pretty frigid here. Will

If I lived in a northern state I would build the same coop but close the coop in around the bottom and hinge the side where the poop pit is for cleanout. Maybe that’s not a concern for cleaning as the poop may freeze depending on how cold it would get in the coop, and not necessary to have a hinged cleanout door.

Back
Top Bottom