new coop!

joshremlin

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 15, 2012
Sheffield (UK)
Well I started a coop july last year but when I went into the local wickes and seen a 6x4 shed with a missing roof for £20 I decided to have a bigger coop, take a look. what you think? and if you think I could change something for the better let me know, I will not be insulted honest.

Outside

Inside not a very good picture to be honest. one day that nest box my end up on the outside :)

The nesting box, do you think I should put a floor on it and raise it off the floor if so how high?

The red mite detector on the perch. The perch is 45mm x 45mm is that ok?

The next few are of some happy hens in there, lets hope I get some eggs soon!

Im thinking off putting in and automatic nipple drinker now to keep the water butt free of shavings and hanging the feeder from the roof but how high off the floor do I set the drinker and feeder? And how do I get the hens drinking out of the nipples?

Thanks for taking you time to look at my coop and thank you in andvance for any advice!,

A few mods since i last posted, temperory fitted cup drinkers till i see how well they work and re-design how to fit them

The water butt ill probably keep but find a better way of fixing it in

The cup drinkers at the minute are really trial and error till i find a better way of fixing it depending how well they work.

Last of all the homemade automatic layer pellet feeder i put grit at the end so we have mixed grit and shell 24hrs a day

We like it too :) thank you, the next project it to put the nestboxers on the outside im just planing that ask we speak.

I worry about the cooks and still put a little bowl of water in the garden because i havent seen them use the drinking cups yet although there trail and error for me!!

Back
Top Bottom