New Corona, Covid-19 thread. Facts and Discussions - How It Affects you're Life & Poultry

Some of the states here in the US are attempting to open up and allow some less essential businesses to serve people on a supposed limited basis. And some coastal states have opened beaches, which of course people flocked to.
My state is still on strict stay at home orders (none of our beaches are open that I know of) and I think plan to keep the stay at home orders in place until June.

I'm thinking in about 2 or 3 weeks we are going to get an unpleasant answer as to whether allowing certain states to open up was a good idea or not since the trends here in the US (in some places) seem to still be going up.
I agree. Some states around us want to open. My state is continuing stay in home order but some outdoor recreation has opened, like golf and boating.

I'm not a subscriber either, for some reason it lets me seeView attachment 2114886
Oh wow. That's not a good sign.
Big cats, small cats, mink, and now a dog.

I've been tagged as one of "those" people. After so many times on their site reading linked articles you get blocked because they want you to subscribe. I used to be able to read until early April. Now they hate me. 🤣

Oh wow. That's not a good sign.
Big cats, small cats, mink, and now a dog.

I've been tagged as one of "those" people. After so many times on their site reading linked articles you get blocked because they want you to subscribe. I used to be able to read until early April. Now they hate me. 🤣

If you clear you're cookies you probably can read the articles again. Often you have to re-enter passwords for subscriptions like BYC.

I use two internet browsers for that reason. A good browser is this one if you like the idea of planting trees: https://www.ecosia.org/

It’s obvious now that infected mink can infect people. Here in the Netherlands there is a discussion now to cull all the minks in the farms that got infected.

And they had to close down several slaughter/ meat 🥩 factories because there where many employees got infected with Covid. This probably had to do with the circumstances of the foreign workers living together in houses and the way they where transported to the factories. And also because its hard to keep the right distance doing their work.

Here we are opening up now. 3 weeks ago children (<12) went to school (part-time) and daycare again. Some professions where contact is unavoidable (hairdressers, physio therapists..) where allowed again with mask protection. But there where barely any new infestations after that for this reason. There where more trouble in the slaughter factories and there was a spreading in a mosk that opened up (unallowed) too much. The number of people who have to go to hospital and ICU is still decreasing.

Tomorrow restaurants, bars, terraces, musea, etc. open up with restrictions. Gatherings with small groups when keeping distance and sports training in open air are allowed again. And from Tuesday primary schools open up completely and secondary schools open up carefully (part-time).

From the Texas Medical Association-
https://www.texmed.org/uploadedFile...ses/309193 Risk Assessment Chart V2_FINAL.pdf

A chart of risk factors for typical activities-
1594062652652.png

1594062706574.png

It’s obvious now that infected mink can infect people. Here in the Netherlands there is a discussion now to cull all the minks in the farms that got infected.

And they had to close down several slaughter/ meat 🥩 factories because there where many employees got infected with Covid. This probably had to do with the circumstances of the foreign workers living together in houses and the way they where transported to the factories. And also because its hard to keep the right distance doing their work.

Here we are opening up now. 3 weeks ago children (<12) went to school (part-time) and daycare again. Some professions where contact is unavoidable (hairdressers, physio therapists..) where allowed again with mask protection. But there where barely any new infestations after that for this reason. There where more trouble in the slaughter factories and there was a spreading in a mosk that opened up (unallowed) too much. The number of people who have to go to hospital and ICU is still decreasing.

Tomorrow restaurants, bars, terraces, musea, etc. open up with restrictions. Gatherings with small groups when keeping distance and sports training in open air are allowed again. And from Tuesday primary schools open up completely and secondary schools open up carefully (part-time).
:eek:

FWI for USA residents, American Red Cross is doing free covid-19 antibody tests with blood donations. DW and I donated last Tuesday. Takes 7-10 days for the results. We haven't heard yet.

Here in Europe we have be opening up more and more. Keeping a distance (1,5 meter) still is a basic rule where possible. And in lots of EU counties you are obliged to ware a mask ik the stores and public transport. Singing and shouting at gatherings (church , soccer matches) is not allowed.

There is no hard evidence that aerosoles and poor ventilation systems cause super spreading events. But scientist and researcher believe this is one thing that has to be addressed before opening up all offices, theaters, cinema’s, concert halls, colleges, church gatherings, fitness centres, bars etc. .
They say there is enough proof that poor air conditioning withouth a good filtering is one of the main causes for super spreading events. And its about time the WHO advices on fresh air and (un)safety of ventilation systems.

Here in Europe we have be opening up more and more. Keeping a distance (1,5 meter) still is a basic rule where possible. And in lots of EU counties you are obliged to ware a mask ik the stores and public transport. Singing and shouting at gatherings (church , soccer matches) is not allowed.

There is no hard evidence that aerosoles and poor ventilation systems cause super spreading events. But scientist and researcher believe this is one thing that has to be addressed before opening up all offices, theaters, cinema’s, concert halls, colleges, church gatherings, fitness centres, bars etc. .
They say there is enough proof that poor air conditioning withouth a good filtering is one of the main causes for super spreading events. And its about time the WHO advices on fresh air and (un)safety of ventilation systems.
From NRC a Dutch quality newsfeed translated with google.:

The likelihood of the Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 infecting humans through fine floating aerosol droplets in small, unventilated areas is normally negligible. But it can increase if the infected person secretes an unusually high amount of viruses, or if people spend hours together in an unventilated room. This is evident from a study carried out by researchers from RIVM. In it, the scientists modeled the exposure risk from these fine droplets after breathing, talking, coughing and sneezing in an unventilated canister and a larger unventilated space.

"Aerosol transfer is not the main route of infection, but it can sometimes cause problems," said Erwin Duizer, virologist at RIVM and one of the authors of the article, which appeared on the pre-print server medRxiv on Sunday. "That fits with what we see now: very occasionally there are situations where keeping a meter and a half away does not seem sufficient."

Just this weekend, 239 scientists from 37 countries announced an open letter to world health organization WHO in The New York Times. In it they would argue that that organization is too rigid and does not pay enough attention to recent scientific insights. They want to publish that letter in a scientific journal next week.

Back
Top Bottom