NEW Dangerous DOG LAW- needs attention!

I guess I'd be in trouble cause I've got 2 Danes over 100lbs each...the only thing dangerous about them is their tails!!! they run scared from the chickens and other animals....oh well....some people are just stupid
smack.gif

The only thing that will come out of this is even more animals being put down that don't need to be....makes me angry so I will
duc.gif
now!!!

This is another "Breedism Bill". A local and very basic leash law is all that is needed. If you keep your dog on a leash or under your control then there are no problems. However if a dog is off it's leash and not in it's yard or with it's owner....CALL THE LOCAL ANIMAL CONTROL!! That is their job.

Really very simple.

***I am sending the link to all my Family in Texas who all have big hunting dogs.***

Last edited:
True, existing leash laws should cover all the bases. Under our leash law the dog does not have to be on a leash, it has to under my control. If it runs off and doesn't listen and someone gets hurt, I get cited, if it is lose on the highway, I get sited. The problem I see is a lot of people move to the country and think because they don't see their dogs roam, they must be staying home. I can tell you from personal experience that is not the case. Dogs are shot day in and day out in the country because irresponsible dog owners won't build a fence/pen that will keep their dogs on their property.

i have not read all the thread but....
sorry.. i am getting very tired of loose dangerous dogs HERE in my area.. runing loose killing anything they want and NO LAWS TO PROTECT THE INOCENT..
my moms dog was KILLED (ripped apart in front of my 65 year old mother) in her OWN YRAD.. by 2 pits that dug under the fence..
my moms dog was the 4th animal they (AC) have KNOWINGLY killed... and these dogs started to chase children on bikes...
i was at the vicous dog hearing with her.. because my mom did not have VIDEO of the killing or another human that saw the attack.. the dog were NOT put to sleep(even tho they had already killed 2 dogs and 2 cats).. the ONLY thing the owners HAD to do was #1 get insurance on their house #2 pay the town $40 a year for owning a dangerous dog #3 get a dog run..... that is ALL.. and within a month those dogs were running loose again.. and the owners even bought another puppy!!!!
my mom was so scared to go out of her house, and tramamtized,, she had to MOVE..
where are the VICTIMS RIGHTS?????

i used to be against "breed bans".... but too many inocent creatures are killed by irresponsible people owning those breeds.. i am sick of it.. if you cant control your dogs you should not own them.. and i dont think anybody should own any dog if they dont have a fence OR a secure run...

Targeting a breed of dog is hogwarsh.

However, this law would be acceptable to me if there were some damages that the owner had to pay out. A 250 dollar fine or imprisonment for the owner for a dog that kills livestock and appropriate number of time before the dog is put down would
be just fine with me.

I train my dogs, they do not run loose. I appreciate my neighbors that do the same and I will shoot to kill the ones that do not.

Of course, I live in the boonies and I use great judgment on my ability to shoot

Just today a very old and very obese lab and an older healer was in the yard. i simply yelled at them to leave, they did and that was that.

Now, if i see them harming livestock, they will be terminated.

Dogs cause an awful lot problems and they DO KILL.

I just have a question here, why would any responsible dog owner not be for something that would require ALL dog owners to keep their dogs at home?

Define keep at home? I have an akita. I go to the dog park. I go to agility classes. We go off lead in certain areas that allow it. I know the situations in which she could cause trouble and I have worked hard to make sure it will not happen. If she did get loose I'd worry greatly for her safety but not much for another dog or person because I know unless they physically attack her she's not going to harm them. But if certain laws are passed she could be deemed a dangerous dog just for existing. Then we could not go to the dog park. We could not go hiking many of the places we do. I would have to spend thousands of dollars upgrading a fence that she is rarely in anyway because I don't leave my dog in the backyard unsupervised. If she bit anyone or any dog even with good reason she would be put down. In some cases she could be put down without having bit anyone. I have my dog partially because I know she will react appropriately and if necessary bite a real threat to me whether that is from human or animal. I needed a good guard dog and I have worked hard to socialize her so she knows when something truly is a threat and the proper response to various levels of threats. People with dogs like me get punished and good dogs like Zami get put down because of poorly written regulations and fear mongering.

What I think needs to be done is punishment to owners of dogs that react poorly and the inability to have any future dogs without restrictions/approval. Then if we do have to do something to make sure certain breeds are safer or in the right hands it would be better to require the owners attend so many obedience classes or possibly get approval from a vet or shelter. I know there are potential problems with that but it's better than just banning them or restricting them since it would continue to place dogs in responsible homes and allow people that want those breeds to keep them without much increased effort. Any responsible dog owner should be socializing well and working on basic obedience anyway.​

Quote:
Any dog that has hurt other animals or people SHOULD be contained, not every dog over 40 lbs. Maybe we just need to use all of that stuff mentioned in the bill for dogs that are REALLY vicious.

sandypaws I do understand the terror your mother faced and that dog should have been euthanized. But if I remember correctly Standard Poodles are over 40 lbs. and your sig. line says you own those. Under this bill your 2 STpoodles would be considered dangourous just for being over 40 lbs. I don't wish to start a fight but please think about it a little and consider if you want your 2 dogs considered dangourous as well.

Back
Top Bottom