New Deviled Egg Recipe

m3shelly

Chirping
Mar 25, 2018
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
I haven't tried this yet, but my the girls just started laying last week. My sister swears by this recipe, and I totally trust her.

Needed:
Eggs
Mayo
Salt
Pepper
Horseradish oil (found at spice stores)

Directions:
Boil eggs, cool and dry them. Peel them and cut them in half. Remove yolks. Break up the yolks with a hand or stick mixer before adding anything. Once they are crumbled, add mayo until creamy, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup, depending on the quantity and size of the yolks. Add mayo slowly until desired consistency.

Salt and pepper to taste, and add horseradish oil, about 1/4 teaspoon per dozen. You'll taste the horseradish, but you're not supposed to taste it enough to know it's actually horseradish, if that makes sense.

Mix it well and then taste; add more of anything as desired. Scoop mixture into half eggs, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes so it sets. Sprikle with paprika before chilling if you want them to look pretty.

I'm going to try this Saturday with my new eggs. I'll report back.

Thanks! I posted in the egg laying forum last weekend. So exciting! I only have three little ladies, and one seemed to mature a little slower, but it seems they're all laying (found three eggs today), and I already have a dozen!

Thanks! I posted in the egg laying forum last weekend. So exciting! I only have three little ladies, and one seemed to mature a little slower, but it seems they're all laying (found three eggs today), and I already have a dozen!
That's great what breeds do you have one of my first layers was a white leghornd and she has always been the best layer. good luck with your hens :)

Thanks! I have three light brahmas. This is my first attempt at raising anything besides dogs, but we just moved away from a medium sized city, and to a 3 acre lot in farm country.

Good luck with your gals too!!

Back
Top Bottom