New Dosage Help: Worming for 1st Time w/ Wazine

Scifisarah

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
Rockford MI
My Coop
My Coop
Meant to say Need Dosage Help, but anyway - I am worming with Wazine 17 so I can use Ivermectin in 2 weeks to make sure I knock out the scaly leg mites that seem to have gotten to my birds. On the bottle the poultry directions only say: "for each 100 birds, use 2 fluid ounces of Wazine 17 in 2 gallons of drinking water." It does not say how long I am supposed to give it to them. I have 12 birds, does that mean I need to do (12/100) x 2 fluid ounces in (12/100) x 2 gallons? That would end up being .24 oz in .24 gallons, so not much at all. Would they just have to drink that until it is gone, rather than having it out a set amount of time? Can someone please let me know if this is correct?

Last edited:
Meant to say Need Dosage Help, but anyway - I am worming with Wazine 17 so I can use Ivermectin in 2 weeks to make sure I knock out the scaly leg mites that seem to have gotten to my birds. On the bottle the poultry directions only say: "for each 100 birds, use 2 fluid ounces of Wazine 17 in 2 gallons of drinking water." It does not say how long I am supposed to give it to them. I have 12 birds, does that mean I need to do (12/100) x 2 fluid ounces in (12/100) x 2 gallons? That would end up being .24 oz in .24 gallons, so not much at all. Would they just have to drink that until it is gone, rather than having it out a set amount of time? Can someone please let me know if this is correct?
Wazine dosage is one ounce per one gallon of water. Leave it out for 24 hours only, then discard.

Thanks - they did not give any sort of time frame and made it sound like a certain number of chickens had to consume a certain amount of medication.

Back
Top Bottom