New duck/chicken house

Quacking ducks

Crowing
5 Years
May 31, 2019
I’m working on building a new duck house. What is the best thing to use for the inside ( the walls, floor and ceiling). Paint or sealer?

What is the house for ducks or chickens? My ducks sleep outside and underneath quiet places. I guess it depends on how many ducks you have and what other areas they spend their time in. Is it primarily for eggs and brooding? Is it for warmth in the winter? Unfortunately its quite difficult to imagine a perfect duck house unless they need something specific, like security from predators, or winter cold protection. Lots of different areas of focus to research.

I’m working on building a new duck house. What is the best thing to use for the inside ( the walls, floor and ceiling). Paint or sealer?
Good for you providing a safe place for your ducks to sleep and lay their eggs. My coops are all wood with plywood floors and inexpensive sheet vinyl over top I use the feed bags that have a shiny surface on the walls so it's easier to clean off the poo. In 2 of my coops, I have vinyl up halfway on the walls. You will not keep your duck house spotless but doing extra things like using vinyl and feed bags can help a lot with cleaning up and protecting the wood.
No food and water inside helps too.
I also use a deep litter of pine shavings inside it soaks up the poo and I just scoop out the wet and fluff and add more as needed.

4716EF84-612F-4D23-B25F-D2E8F9C2B7D0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom