New duck mama

Meanwhile in the house, the ducklings Babs, Lucky, and Turbo (also know as the BLT’S) dot comfortingly in a big giant pool. I put school project boards all around because they can jump out now! Their watered is a dollar store shoe tote with a hole cut out. What cool is the lid locks in place, and they can’t spill it cause it’s too heavy. Under the waterer is a cookie cooling rack zip tied to s cooking sheet. I put a puppy pee pad on the cookie sheet to get capture the water. View attachment 1297706 View attachment 1297707 View attachment 1297708 I put hard wire cloth for the opening because they like to see me coming out to them. They freak out easily.
Very nice. Can you show the tote up close? Also, in the second pic off to the left looks like another water set up? What are the blue dishes for?

95032EC6-3CE6-480B-A6C7-279173A74904.png
Very nice. Can you show the tote up close? Also, in the second pic off to the left looks like another water set up? What are the blue dishes for?
Thank you! I getting ready for bed so in the morning when I clean it out I will take a pic on post it.

So tonight was the 1st time on that linoleum floor. They keep knocking the water bowls over. I picked up water 3 times before I got their small cookie cooling rack zipped tied to plastic cake pan cover back out. Those blue dishes came from TSC 3 for 3.99 they have hooks on the back of them. Out shear of luck when I filled the little blue ones up and set it down on the floor.....I thought we'll look at that, these blue containers are almost flush with the small rack! BAM...hooked them in and no more spills!!

Hello, I am a new duck mama lol.
I have one pekin and one hybrid im not honestly sure what it is. I also dont know their ages or sexes. Which is why I am here :) is there any way to tell?

My husband got them a high protein food and I feel like that was not a good idea after a little reading here. especially the size of the bag... lol its is Dumor 24% protein... We dont plan to eat these ducks at all so I dont even know why there is protein that high for chicks or ducks, but I dont know much about this. I just want them to be healthy!

Right now I have them in a clear plastic Tupperware thing, with pine shavings like they had at tractor supply, with a heating pad underneath. is that adequate? what temp is best ? its no in the box its under it... they sneeze and will have water coming out of their nostrils... I worry they aren't warm enough or aren't getting good air flow? I dont want respiratory issues!

I also have their water and food in it.. and its a small space which they soak quickly lol. the water is in a chick waterer and I read thats not good enough for them either. I saw the diy one, and will look into making one. I let them play in a shallow warm bath daily.. is that ok? they seem to love it, but If I shouldn't, let me know! lol.

I plan to build them a house out side soon, I just got 6 pallets! when is it ok for them to be outside? I am in Texas, so it will be pretty warm soon. and honestly brutally hot in the summer.. is that going to be ok? sorry for so many questions!

They dont fuss often and when they do, its seemingly just being thirsty (they splashed their entire water contents into the floor), or cold lol. the Pekin is very verbal and lets me know! the other is shy and I can tell the pekin is protective of it. They are absolutely precious and I want them to have long happy lives! Any advice or where to read would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

I have to ask... squidy is that you?! From irc :)

Welcome to byc!

Meanwhile in the house, the ducklings Babs, Lucky, and Turbo (also know as the BLT’S) dot comfortingly in a big giant pool. I put school project boards all around because they can jump out now! Their watered is a dollar store shoe tote with a hole cut out. What cool is the lid locks in place, and they can’t spill it cause it’s too heavy. Under the waterer is a cookie cooling rack zip tied to s cooking sheet. I put a puppy pee pad on the cookie sheet to get capture the water. View attachment 1297706 View attachment 1297707 View attachment 1297708 I put hard wire cloth for the opening because they like to see me coming out to them. They freak out easily.
THat is a fab idea!! So wish I’d though of that. So creative :D x

Back
Top Bottom