New Duck owner - Two Buff females (Thelma and Louise) Questions...

ducksgoquack

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 6, 2011
Hi! I am a new duck owner of two beautiful Buff ducks.
big_smile.png
They were born on May 27th.

The problem is one is bigger than the other. Thelma has developed faster and seems healthier than Louise. Louise is obviously having some nutritional issues, but they have been eating the same things. I've been giving her vitamin boosts. Is it possible that Themla is bossing Louise around? She follows Thelms around and won't really drink or eat unless Thelma is around the feeder or water. I have three sources of water. Louise has had some seizures which I am contributing to the vitamin issue. She is still somewhat shaky but is getting better. She isn't forging though.

Any ideas? I am worried Thelma may hurt Louise becuase she is smaller and somewhat frail at this time. I will posts pictures later.

Bummer - especially about the seizures. I would keep up the supplements for sure. That's really all I can think of. You might want to get another duck of roughly the same age (a female), so that if Louise does'nt make it (just sayin"), Thelma will still have a flockmate. I hope it's not too serious!

Back
Top Bottom