New duckling! Help?

Pics
I had two almost successful hatchings of ducklings the past summer, once with two ducklings, one with just one duckling.
both times the mothers got foxed, and the rest of the duck herd took to raising the ducklings, but if your duck is afraid of the duckling...
they're very social creatures. Is it impossible to buy another duckling? Isolation can have bad effects on their adult life...

@Elizabeth Hasse hello there! Sunni (the duckling) is now about 2 months old and Billy (our adult duck) is no longer afraid of him! The hens were scared of him when he was little as well and I think it was just because he looked super funny to them. But he’s grown and lives outside with them and they all get along! Sunni follows Billy around the yard all the time and they sleep together

@Elizabeth Hasse hello there! Sunni (the duckling) is now about 2 months old and Billy (our adult duck) is no longer afraid of him! The hens were scared of him when he was little as well and I think it was just because he looked super funny to them. But he’s grown and lives outside with them and they all get along! Sunni follows Billy around the yard all the time and they sleep together

adorable, I'm glad everything turned out well!

D95EC53E-9497-4490-BC7B-DB5F0F6E1E35.jpeg D64620D2-BE5B-42D6-AFE6-F0A645D23565.jpeg 9B3E1F39-A36D-49DC-B55A-463C525360AE.jpeg C7CE6FF7-8D86-4078-8E01-6D149F9351A6.jpeg 5BEC4F55-1E7D-4307-A236-0F02E5CC1782.jpeg
Here’s some update pictures! Sunni is huge and extremely fluffy! He’s been dropping feathers everywhere recently because he’s getting his big boy ones in but he’s still as soft as ever. He’s also still a huge mamas boy as you can see in the one picture lol aside from his biting, him and Billy get along really well! He follows her everywhere and sleeps by her side

Back
Top Bottom