New duckling question!

tnewton

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 25, 2013
My first ever ducklings arrived today, and I'm completely in love!!
love.gif
The Welsh Harlequin, however, is smaller than the others and is not eating. Her eyes don't seem to open as wide as they should, and she just stands still most of the time. She does peep quite a bit. Is there anything I should be doing? I'm worried about her!

My first ever ducklings arrived today, and I'm completely in love!!
love.gif
The Welsh Harlequin, however, is smaller than the others and is not eating. Her eyes don't seem to open as wide as they should, and she just stands still most of the time. She does peep quite a bit. Is there anything I should be doing? I'm worried about her!
You may have already done this ----- did you dip her beak in the water to make sure she is drinking?? also, I recently read that adding a tiny bit of honey to the water (just a first) will help with getting them started drinking. How warm is your brooding area? can she get to warmer and colder areas?

I did dip her beak in water when she arrived, and she has taken a few sips, but just doesn't seem that interested in it or anything else. I also added a little sugar to the water first thing this morning. I use a Brinsea warmer, so she can come and go. The other ducks seemed to adapt so quickly. I don't have save a chick - where do I get some? Or is there a home remedy that does the same thing?

Back
Top Bottom