New Duckling

I have not read all responses, but I agree, ducks like other ducks. I have 2 KCs in my flock. They are skittish compared to my other ducks, but they are significantly calmer when they are together with each other. I hope you can add a friend that your duck can bond with. I don't think mine would ever really eat out of my hand or come to me. They definitely do not want to be touched. I'm fine with this relationship. My dogs are my buddies, my ducks make my breakfast.

As an update, Charlie and the Bantams have been moved outdoors. We finally finished the coop. The bantams have somewhat accepted her into their flock though they don't play around her too much, but they do allow cuddling at night when it's bed time. She is much more relaxed, quiet, eating more. I was supposed to pick up a Pekin but it may have to wait until this weekend. But, even if I do, I still have to build a larger coop to accomodate two ducks even if they share space. Just happy that everyone is doing better out doors.

Back
Top Bottom