New ducklings!

Would adding 2 more ducks disrupt the dynamics of the flock? Just curious. Or would it be one imprinted pair and another imprinted pair, or would they all sort of join? 

They will join as one group easily when young. I had 3 ducklings alone for one week till my order of 10 arrived. They joined the same day, the first 3 show no favoritism to each other at all.

The lady who bought Lydia the other night introduced her to her Bantam Ducklings and it was as if she was always there....They are a bit older than Lydia too....It works with Ducklings....The more the merrier!..;).....

I am not sure I said this yet?......I love Ducks....

The lady who bought Lydia the other night introduced her to her Bantam Ducklings and it was as if she was always there....They are a bit older than Lydia too....It works with Ducklings....The more the merrier!..
wink.png

They will join as one group easily when young. I had 3 ducklings alone for one week till my order of 10 arrived. They joined the same day, the first 3 show no favoritism to each other at all.

This is reassuring! Although I'm not ultimately sure that we'll be getting two more ducks. It's my parent's decision.. I honestly don't know. Three was the perfect number for us, and now we're not sure. Glad we have these two though!

The lady who bought Lydia the other night introduced her to her Bantam Ducklings and it was as if she was always there....They are a bit older than Lydia too....It works with Ducklings....The more the merrier!..;) .....

This is reassuring! Although I'm not ultimately sure that we'll be getting two more ducks. It's my parent's decision.. I honestly don't know. Three was the perfect number for us, and now we're not sure. Glad we have these two though!

Of course...Your decision in the end..:).......4 is a nice number if something happens to one..:(

You could always go pick one out from the feed store if you have one. You have a chance of ending up with a male that way however.
But then you would have 3.. and not 4 if you still want 3
:)

You could always go pick one out from the feed store if you have one. You have a chance of ending up with a male that way however.
But then you would have 3.. and not 4 if you still want 3
smile.png

Hmm... Might not be a bad idea! The male thing concerns me, but it'd be great if it was a girl!
tongue.png

So we can either stay with these two balls of fluff, get two more girls, or get one more unsexed.

Back
Top Bottom