New ducklings!

Your so welcome...
smile.png
....I only want you to succeed with these Ducklings you wanted and waited so long for..
smile.png

I am here if you need me..
wink.png
....Only a thread away...lol.....
wink.png

Thank you!

Get more ducklings!!! I bought adults. Got 2 hens, then immediately found 2 drakes to add. The first 3 eggs my hen laid, I popped in the incubator. Now, 3 weeks later, Theres 4 more in her nest. I'm going to load my yard with birds!! Ps. I have chickens and guineas too
1f631.png
Theres another bator going with 7chicken and 2 mallard eggs. MUST HAVE MORE!!! Aahhahahahhahha

Oh and I agree, let them rest. When I was a kid I got 2 ducklings from The fair and I think they died from stress. They were just too cute and I played with them ALOT. Now I just let them do their own thing.

Hi, Your ducks are adorable
love.gif

I'm new to ducks, but can I make a suggestion?

Add a clump of sod to your brooder. Around here the snow is finally melted and we have a bunch of sod scraped up by the plow. Our driveway is not treated with salts. Anyway I snag a clump of sod, dirt, little rocks and all and put it in my ducks brooder. They love it, and I know there is lots of tiny things in there to help with their digestion.

best wishes <3

EDIT

I just read a post about someones duck died from dirt in their nostrils.

Make sure their water dish is deep enough to fit their whole bill in the water.

Last edited:
Quote:
That's a pretty good idea! They have grit, but I do think they'd appreciate a clump of sod. Thank you! And there water bowl is pretty deep, so no worries there ;)

Quote:
Yay! She seems to be perking up; I think the wet food really helped! While we're at it, we need names! Any astronomy type names out there?

I also add a bowl of dirt/mud for my ducklings untill they are living outside. They love it!
Makes for a fantastic mess as well... but they love it so much its worth it
1f609.png

I also add a bowl of dirt/mud for my ducklings untill they are living outside. They love it!
Makes for a fantastic mess as well... but they love it so much its worth it
1f609.png

Lol I can imagine the mess! But we already have to clean the brooder... What's a little mud going to do?
wink.png

Ughh we are so stuck on names!

Back
Top Bottom