New ducklings!

Hello! Ellie is actually doing very well! They love scrambled eggs
roll.png
And they both have a strange fascination with trying to eat my hair.
Ellie stands up a lot more, and she puts more weight on her hurt leg. She pushes back now, and will walk around the brooder with Luna. She cries when Luna is gone, and shows lot of interest in her environment. And she doesn't keep her foot so curled up anymore, instead splaying it in the ground (Or nibbling at it
wink.png
). She still spends a lot of time sitting, but she's getting better! She's as alert as ever, and a real piggy when it comes to food.
tongue.png

I think they would both walk off the earth for scrambled eggs. They also like cottage cheese, chopped up grapes, chopped up bell peppers, yam, the mushy part of broccoli, etc. Spoiled ducklings
roll.png

Luna cries when we leave. I wonder why it's mostly just Luna. They are both still friendly and like nibbling at our hands. Love them!

@QuackSpeak - I'm so glad to hear that Ellie is doing better! c: The part about the scrambled eggs made me laugh lol my ducks are like that with grapes. Sounds like you got a little cry baby on your hands, Hershey is mine lol figures it would be the little boy haha!

@QuackSpeak - I'm so glad to hear that Ellie is doing better! c: The part about the scrambled eggs made me laugh lol my ducks are like that with grapes. Sounds like you got a little cry baby on your hands, Hershey is mine lol figures it would be the little boy haha!

They love grapes too! And cottage cheese... And broccoli... And yam...
Pretty much anything I put in front of them. I can't think of one type of food they don't like.
roll.png

Edit: Wait, that's not true! They did not like yogurt
tongue.png

Last edited:

@QuackSpeak
 - I'm so glad to hear that Ellie is doing better! c:  The part about the scrambled eggs made me laugh lol my ducks are like that with grapes.  Sounds like you got a little cry baby on your hands, Hershey is mine lol figures it would be the little boy haha!

They love grapes too! And cottage cheese... And broccoli... And yam...
Pretty much anything I put in front of them. I can't think of one type of food they don't like. :rolleyes:  

Edit: Wait, that's not true! They did not like yogurt :p

Just a tip...;)....Not being bossy...:(

Dairy is not that good for poultry....They are not designed to digest it...Its not needed......Sorry....I feel bad yapping...;)

Just a tip...;) ....Not being bossy...:(

Dairy is not that good for poultry....They are not designed to digest it...Its not needed......Sorry....I feel bad yapping...;)

I don't mind! :)  Still learning ;)

Phew...;).....Thanks....Also I pick out only a few veggies and only feed those plus the regular feed...Then if a stomach issue pops up I know it wasn't from what I fed them.....:).....I only give Roman lettuce...Tomato, peas....Sometimes Broccoli flowers and watermelon...:)

Anyways, I'm done yapping..;)...lol...;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom