1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Ducks in Maine

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rachellee, Apr 3, 2016.

1. rachellee

rachellee New Egg

Apr 3, 2016
    Central Maine
    Hello. Just got 3 ducklings on 3/30. Lucy (crested), Soot (cayuga) & Scotch (buff). Names are still being debated by the husband & I, he calls the cayuga "Stella" & the buff "Butters". All doing great!! One happy duck momma, first time with any kind of poultry. I would love suggestions on getting my dog 'not so interested' in them. She is a 10yr old boxer, has raised a few foster pups (one at at time) and has always done great with animals smaller than her. She is the 'supervisor' when I am cleaning out the brooder, she has been pecked & stepped on, only licks so far. I am more worried about the boxer tendencies with her paws. So far everything is great!! :) Very excited for the new adventure.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. There seems to be quite a few duck heads here, so make yourself at home and enjoy.

I hope that you really can "teach an old dogs new tricks" - good luck with that!

All the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by