New Ducks

shy

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
So I was so sad because I lost four ducks a week ago. And I wasn't sure if I wanted to raise them from day one all over again. Although they are very cute, they are also very messy.

Then today I found an ad that someone local had several breeds of ducks for sale. I called him and he has some that are 2 and half months old. Perfect! I am so excited to go see them tomorrow. I want Khaki Campbells, but now I may be tempted to also get some others too.
smile.png

He has eight varieties. Khaki Campbells, Cayugas, Pekins, Blue Swedish, Muscovery, Mallards, Rouens, and Crested.

For sure I am going to get 2 Campbells for egg laying. I might get a muscovery, mallard and a blue swedish also. All depends on when I see them. Hopefully I don't get carried away. I told myself 2 minimum and 4 maximum. Let's see what I end up with.

I got them. The campbells left were about 6 weeks old. I picked 4. Hopefully I will have at least one female out of those. I am a bit worried as they are all still "chirping" like new ducklings. All the other breeds were still very young. I just didn't want to do the whole housing inside for another six weeks.

They chowed down their food the second I put it out. They were with a huge pen full of ducks, geese, and chickens. So I can see how feed time would be a frenzy. They seem to like their new home.

Back
Top Bottom