New Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shy, May 9, 2008.

1. shy

shy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2008
    So I was so sad because I lost four ducks a week ago. And I wasn't sure if I wanted to raise them from day one all over again. Although they are very cute, they are also very messy.

Then today I found an ad that someone local had several breeds of ducks for sale. I called him and he has some that are 2 and half months old. Perfect! I am so excited to go see them tomorrow. I want Khaki Campbells, but now I may be tempted to also get some others too. [​IMG]

2. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Happy duck shopping! [​IMG]

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Any chance you are in Oregon? LOL

4. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Good Luck getting your ducks. [​IMG]

6. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    Show us the little guys once you get them. What other breeds does he have?

7. shy

shy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2008
    He has eight varieties. Khaki Campbells, Cayugas, Pekins, Blue Swedish, Muscovery, Mallards, Rouens, and Crested.

For sure I am going to get 2 Campbells for egg laying. I might get a muscovery, mallard and a blue swedish also. All depends on when I see them. Hopefully I don't get carried away. I told myself 2 minimum and 4 maximum. Let's see what I end up with.

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:I have a pair of blue swedish and I'm getting a pair of khakis! I think they'll look beautiful together. [​IMG]

9. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Cool, ducks are awesome. Hope you enjoy them.

10. shy

shy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2008
    I got them. The campbells left were about 6 weeks old. I picked 4. Hopefully I will have at least one female out of those. I am a bit worried as they are all still "chirping" like new ducklings. All the other breeds were still very young. I just didn't want to do the whole housing inside for another six weeks.

They chowed down their food the second I put it out. They were with a huge pen full of ducks, geese, and chickens. So I can see how feed time would be a frenzy. They seem to like their new home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by