New East Tennessee Chicken Lady

jenniferbowlin

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Tazewell TN
Hi! I am located very close to the Smoky Mountains in lovely east Tennessee. I have been wanting chickens for a while and just received 6 chicks (amber links I think) as a gift and I bought 6 chicks. Supposedly, one is a rooster (amber link, possibly gold link) and the rest are hens. I got a mix of amber links, black links, rhode island reds, and dominiques. The amber links are very friendly and bigger than the other chicks, possibly older. The dominique hens are very chatty. The amber link hens already flutter and get on the edge of the box. Building the coop from recycled lumber and materials. It won't look nearly as fancy as some I have seen on this site but it is coming along. lol. I will be learning from this site and as I go. I have already learned a lot here.

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you could join our community! Make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

OK I was told that the gold/tan colored chick is a male and the yellow/white are females. They are from TSC, perhaps Amber Star/ Sex link. Any opinions? Oh and they are growing like weeds this pic was taken three days ago and they are a bit bigger now. Beautiful little critters.

Back
Top Bottom