New Ebay Payment Policy for Hatching Eggs

Yup. It stinks.

I deal with Ebay and PayPal daily. It's my job.

Granted as a buyer the experience is great. Not happy with any aspect of the transaction? SCREW the seller with more ease.
Seller not quick enough getting you your refund. File a complaint with PayPal and get your money back near to instantly.

They dont care about what the seller has for a refund policy. (ours is the norm for any business. We dont refund til we get the item back in our hands. And its posted!)
If you are a large or Power seller. you are safer from the new feedback etc rules. But a smaller seller can be ruined by just ONE person that might have a hair across their butt.

I am going to try and get the boss to take the store down and maybe get a free standing website up and running. Sure we will have to advertise more to draw traffic.. but GACK Ebay bites

Well it depends on the type of paypal account on if you pay the fees twice, but over the last few months there have been several items that completely the wrong items or didn't receive an item at all, then the sellers told me pretty much too bad so paypal has come through for me. I gave each item over a month from date paid before I filed a complaint.

eggbid anyone
D.gif

Quote:
those must be the wrong links,
i just read both and there's no mention of hatching eggs, or paypal only, it just says you can't request payment via the mail, you must use a internet payment merchant and that you will only be protect by them through paypal.

Sellers must offer to accept one or more of the following payment choices:
PayPal
Credit or debit card processed through an Internet merchant account
ProPay

Sellers may in addition offer to accept:
Payment upon pickup

For specific categories, sellers may also offer to accept:
Bank-to-bank transfers (also known as bank wire transfers and bank cash transfers)
Checks
Money orders
Any of the following online payment services: Allpay.net, cash2india, CertaPay, Checkfree.com, hyperwallet.com, Moneybookers.com, Nochex.com, Ozpay.biz, Paymate.com.au, XOOM

Sellers may not solicit:
Buyers to mail cash.
Buyers to send cash or money orders through instant cash transfer services (non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers) such as Western Union or MoneyGram.
Buyers to mail checks or money orders (except for items in categories specifically permitted above)
Payment through bank-to-bank transfers (except for items in categories specifically permitted above)
Payment through "topping off" of a seller's pre-paid credit or debit card.
Payment through online payment methods not specifically permitted in this policy.
Payment through payment methods not listed in this policy.

Last edited:
I hate Ebay. I stopped selling there awhile ago. They're ridiculous in their fees, plus, now with their new feedback where buyers can't even get a neutral feedback?! I once sold a few books on ebay, the buyer refused insurance, and then when it got "lost in the mail", they took her money from my account. Took me MONTHS to get my money back, because I couldn't file any of my proof through paypal (it literally wouldn't allow me to attach anything, even though it was in the correct format). I had to call them and waste minutes on my phone to get the darn money back that shouldn't have gone back to the scammer of a buyer in the first place. She had already left POSITIVE feedback about the books, but then shortly after, decided that she wanted them for free, and paypal had actually granted her the money, depsite proof of shipping AND per positive feedback. *Rolleyes* Plus, they gave me hassles with my accounts (I have a premier and a personal) and I had to wait to get my money from the one account.
hmm.png
As if they don't get enough money from the fees through ebay and paypal, but then they have to sit on your money and d**k around for forever and collect interest.

Back
Top Bottom