New Ebay Payment Policy for Hatching Eggs

I always use paypal. After reading it it sounds like ebayers have to offer it as an option. But I suppose the seller could say paypal, check or money order. They just need to list it as an option. But maybe I read it wrong. Most sellers offer it as an option, so it's really not a change.

Well I am in the minority here, but I never ever sell anything on ebay. I used to purchase there occasionally, but when I did it was always someting special, unique and often expensive. Frequently it was a gift for someone in the US (I was in Canada at the time). Paypal always seemed to goof up the payment. More than once they refused to pass the payment on to the seller in a timely manner even though my credit card had been promptly charged. They held the payment for investigation and didn't investigate or someting. Then the seller would get frustrated and resell the merchandise to someone else leaving me bad feedback. This happened twice. When I moved back to the US I thought my problems were over, being on the same side of the border and all. Nope they goofed up the purchase of a sewing machine I wanted for my sister for Christmas exactly the same way. They never even apologized. The third time is a charm and I no longer use paypal or ebay. It puts a crimp in my online shopping but is is sooooo much better than fighting with them to pay a seller when they have held the money for WEEKS. NO HOW, NO WAY, EVER AGAIN. The one time I actually had a problem with a seller they were no help at all.

On holding payments, I had someone try to purchase something from me in March of '08. I sent an email early this year to see if everything turned out (I could only accept paypal at the time, no personal checks, so I wondered if they found another source), and they blew up at ME, because paypal charged their credit card and took their money. They never sent it to me though, it is *still* listed as a pending payment on my account (which I showed her). I told her to contact her credit card company.
hmm.png
Fortunately, it was only a very small amount, but still, after paypal fees, sitting on people's money and basically stealing people's money, it's no wonder Paypal and Ebay are such loaded companies.

Im going to email both ebay, and paypal right now and see if I put no refunds etc. that they will still refund.

This is what I was told

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I hope all is well with you, my name is Kitch and I would be happy to
look further in to your account. I sincerely apologize for any
inconvenience you may have experienced and the delay in response to this
email. I understand that you would like to know if a "no refund policy"
by seller will take effect if a buyer files a dispute.

PayPal's User Agreement will supersede the seller's "no refund policy".
The reason is because the User Agreement was agreed upon by all
customers upon application for a PayPal account.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.​

Last edited:
Quote:
No, my listings got removed (even after people had bid on them and the auctions were almost over) for mentioning that I would accept other methods of payment. There are only certain categories that a seller can mention other payment methods, such as vehicle auctions. Hatching eggs can only be listed with instant payment methods that Ebay gets a percentage of.

Oh.. to be the person who created Ebay. I'd be rich.
barnie.gif

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I hope all is well with you, my name is Kitch and I would be happy to
look further in to your account. I sincerely apologize for any
inconvenience you may have experienced and the delay in response to this
email. I understand that you would like to know if a "no refund policy"
by seller will take effect if a buyer files a dispute.

PayPal's User Agreement will supersede the seller's "no refund policy".
The reason is because the User Agreement was agreed upon by all
customers upon application for a PayPal account.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

That is what I received when I emailed paypal asking about refunds on hatching eggs if buyer gets a poor hatch.
Its a bunch of bull. I think that everybody on here that has paypal and uses it to sell eggs, should send paypal an email.
Now, does that only apply to ebay, or does that also apply if the buyer purchases eggs from a private website?

Quote:
Not true.
We just had a customer get pissy about a return/refund even though we have it posted several times on our Ebay Store.
PayPal went in and paid him the money back BEFORE we got the part back! Luckily it was the "right" part. But if the buyer had scammed us we would have been SOL

Back
Top Bottom