New Ebay Payment Policy for Hatching Eggs

Quote:
If you are selling certain items you can not get paid in any form besides PayPal or ProPay(also an Ebay product) Unless you list something as "local pick up only" Then you can charge cash or what ever you are comfortable with.
And if you do a lot of listings and use their Turbo Lister program. That costs you as well.

Back when I first started with the company I work for some how the company credit card information was "used" The only place that card is used for? PayPal.
roll.png

I love my job. But Ebay is NOT what it used to be.

Personally I like Paypal and won't use anything else on Ebay to accept a
payment. I like to to see other, non-Ebay, companies take it. It's easy
to use and more secure than using a credit card online.

When you are selling something, whether online or not, their are always
risks attached. Paypal is trying to become more buyer friendly in order to
produce more buyers.

There's always going to be the morons and scumbags out there that will
try and screw you. It's a sad reality.

Quote:
Wrong! They cannot take it out of your bank account unless your bank account is your backup funding. Paypal only has your bank account information if you give it to them and cannot withdraw funds from your account unless you have specifically authorized it. It would be like giving a stranger all your account information, password etc. Even for charge backs paypal cannot draw from your bank unless you specifically authorize it.
Don't ever do that....

Last edited:
Rhett&SarahsMom :

Quote:
If you are selling certain items you can not get paid in any form besides PayPal or ProPay(also an Ebay product) Unless you list something as "local pick up only" Then you can charge cash or what ever you are comfortable with.
And if you do a lot of listings and use their Turbo Lister program. That costs you as well.

Back when I first started with the company I work for some how the company credit card information was "used" The only place that card is used for? PayPal.
roll.png

I love my job. But Ebay is NOT what it used to be.

Fact: If the buyer contacts the seller and requests payment other than paypal THEN it can be done. If not then paypal is the only payment accepted. As mentioned above pickup only payment methods can also be cash, check etc. I know, we have over 4000 feedback (99.999% positive as a gold power seller) over ten years selling. Ebay is definately not what it used to be. It is ebay in name only. Thankfully we are now retirement age and do not have to make our living with GREEDBAY!​

Last edited:
Quote:
Wrong! They cannot take it out of your bank account unless your bank account is your backup funding. Paypal only has your bank account information if you give it to them and cannot withdraw funds from your account unless you have specifically authorized it. It would be like giving a stranger all your account information, password etc. Even for charge backs paypal cannot draw from your bank unless you specifically authorize it.
Don't ever do that....

So how do you not let them have your bank account information and still withdraw funds?

Where on the menu do I click to remove or check what my back up funding source is?

pips&peeps :

Quote:
Don't ever do that....

So how do you not let them have your bank account information and still withdraw funds?

Where on the menu do I click to remove or check what my back up funding source is?​

Two different things are being talked about here as far as Paypal and Ebay. Even though Ebay owns Paypal they each have their own set of rules.

#1. If you have a charge back that has escalated to a claim PAYPAL (not Ebay) will hold the chargeback amount until they decide if they will grant the chargeback to your buyer. Chargebacks are filed with PAYPAL not with EBay. If you do not have the amount of the chargeback in your account they cannot and will not go to your checking account to cover the shortage. They will either wait until you get more funds added from other sales or they will request that YOU put in enough money into your PAYPAL account...

I believe that you have to have your banking information or credut card at Paypal in order to be verified but Paypal cannot just go in there and take money out of your account anytime they want to.

As far as having this as a back up sorce PAYPAL will transfer funds out of your banking account if say for instance you buy something on Ebay and don't have enough funds in your Paypal account to cover the amount... they will add funds from your back up funding which could be your checking account or your credit card that is on file at PAYPAL. But they cannot take funds out of your banking account for chargebacks.

They did exactly that to a BYC member just before Christmas I believe. I'll see if I can find the thread.

When you give them your bank info or CC info you click a box that gives them access. Easy way around this is to open a free account with a online bank and keep a minimum amount of money in it. Or go to your bank and have a bank officer put a block on them. They will not know the block is there until they attempt to remove money. Here is the fun thing if you use a CC you can file a charge back on THEM. I personally think due to their lack of service and all sellers should file charge backs on them, it would get their attention.

They both have become arrogant and non responsive to sellers, craigslist is partly or wholly owned by them. It is ridicules that any business charges as much as them and has no customer service not even a cust help number. But don't look for any govt help Donahoe is a big Obama supporter. They should not be able to dictate how a private business receives payment.

I have only had money charged back twice, since their new rules. Both times I immediately filed UPIs. The buyers responsible oddly reversed their position and gave the money back. But I'm sure it will happen more and more.

Ebay, Paypal flea markets across America want to say THANK YOU!!!

Back
Top Bottom