New Ebay Payment Policy for Hatching Eggs

Quote:
BINGO. Once you "agree" to it and give them your account information they can and will take money without listening to you, the seller. Which has happened at my work. Which is why I, personally do not sell on Ebay any longer.
I sold a very very nice bridle to someone. She claimed she never got it. I had a signed delivery confirmation!!
She filed with paypal who took the money from my bank account and over drew it in the process and froze my PayPal account.
I saw her two weeks later with the bridle on her horse at a show.

That said. I have also purchased things via Ebay and never received them. I never had to go through Paypal because the seller was nice enough to just credit me back for the item her SO never shipped in the first place.

If you are big enough to be a power seller it doesnt hurt you. A negative feedback is but a blip. You get have something happen as a small seller or a personal seller and it can really mess you up.
I understand the security reasons for what they have done. But they are screwing over more people than they are "helping" PLus, their fees etc are outrageous.

OH. And You, as a seller can NOT put that you will take money order, personal checks or cash on a listing. Unless it is a PICK UP ONLY listing. If you do put it on there for a regular listing. You will be "spanked" Your listing will be removed. Your "grade" will be lowered along with your "search ability"

I have seen this "account hold" lately as well with ebay/paypal. My husband just sold his GPS system on ebay and when he went to the paypal menu to use the money to pay for the shipping is said it was on "hold" until the buyer left feedback, a shipping label number was entered, or some such crap. OK- so how come we can't use the money to buy the shipping label anymore? We are soooo out of this now. It use to be user friendly but now it's almost just an online marketplace for people to sell stuff out of ebay "stores".

ebays a joke anymore -I refuse to buy or sell any longer. They implemented this "Paypal only" method last year in February and made it stick the latter part of last year. Not only that - but as a seller you are NOT ALLOWED to leave negative feedback for any reason for a buyer - if you do, it can and will be removed at the request of the buyer, even if the buyer didnt pay! If your item is delayed in shipping due to the USPS or other method of shipping - it is a strike against YOU the seller and eBay will close down your account for 30 days after 3 strikes. If the buyer isnt happy with what they got - "buyers remorse" they can give you a negative and get their money back -no questions asked.

I will never sell on ebay again.... I liken it to someone just walking into a store and stealing whatever they want and getting away with it - and you can do nothing but stand idly by.

Amazing...

A lot of sellers, including me, are leaving ebay for the reasons discussed.
he.gif

That has to be part of the reason ebay had a huge loss this quarter.
caf.gif

A new auction site, www.onlineauction.com, is trying to get rolling and much more reasonable. You can even reach them by telephone, 24/7! They use PayPal, etc., and still let the seller decide what paymet methods to use!

For fixed price items, I like www.etsy.com.
thumbsup.gif
, but they don't allow eggs!

Last edited:
Quote:
Ditto, all true! Ebay no longer cares about the seller at all, which is why so many have deserted the sinking ship.
somad.gif
rant.gif

Quote:
Now that is a good point to bring up. That policy bothers me a lot more
than the Paypal one. Feedback was always my favorite way of judging
a buyer or seller.

There are a lot more morons one ebay lately too. People just don't read
the listings.

It looks like even their 'holds' policy has changed lately
roll.png

Some payments may be held in your account to ensure smooth transactions. PayPal will release the hold after 21 days without a buyer dispute, claim, chargeback or other action. The hold may be released earlier if either of the following occurs:

Buyer leaves positive Feedback.
3 days after PayPal confirms item delivery.​

Quote:

I'd be better off taking a personal check from a stranger and holding the item 10 working days until it cleared!
Selling somewhere other than ebay, of course!

Last edited:
If they don't unwrap their eggs for 3 days after they arrive they're bound to complain about the hatch rate
tongue.png

As for online credit cards, I use a cc with virtual account numbers. You get a new credit card number for every online transaction, and can also put a dollar cap on the amount it's good for.

I like this. Only the one-time-use cc number is stored in various random computer systems throughout the world. If someone hacks a computer, they get an out-of-date credit card, that was only good for $15 anyhow.

Considering canceling my paypal account after reading this. But, I only keep a small amount of money in there, and it's occasionally handy.

Back
Top Bottom