New egg basket & mystery egg lol

ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
I got a new egg basket at Walmart yesterday because my other one I've had since Easter finally broke lol isn't it so cute!? I couldn't get the bow color to show right but it's actually just regular yellow not pale like that. But yeah. It's pretty heavy and sturdy too :)

And 5 eggs today.

The mystery is that I definitely collected them yesterday (and there were 31, I am horrible and hadn't collected them in like 4, 5 days... that never happens) so these are definitely all from today.

So 2 Easter Egger eggs. Normal. Except that one hasn't been laying for months cause she's bullied. And she used to lay HUGE BLUE eggs. These are green/olive like the other EE. Except one could possibly have a more blueish tint than the other? And the other's comb had been more red whereas the laying one is pale (but she's been laying). And the not laying one has been eating some calcium and been inside but not much at all. I am very confused. Could she be laying again? But why the drastic change in egg color? When I say blue I mean blue, definitely cannot be mistaken for green, blue...

Weird...

I guess the only way to find out is to bring one inside but I don't really want to do that.

Oh well.

Could she have possibly laid it last night after I collected eggs?

Either way, I got 5 gorgeous eggs from 8 hens so I'm happy they're producing again :)

Its cute! That's a lot of eggs! I too, found a "nest" my girls made, because my very fresh goose is broody, and does not want them to go into their coop! I'm guessing they were probably there for almost a week? I'm not sure. But, I am going to keep an eye on that other "nest" to see if they do it again! Thanks for sharing.
thumbsup.gif

Thank you! I almost picked up one of the $1 or $2 ones but then I saw this one. The other ones were too shallow anyway and of course falling apart already lol

And yeah, I've been bad about collecting daily lately! I'm going to try though. Mine are pretty good about laying in the nests but occasionally I'll get a stray egg lol

No problem! Thank you for commenting! :D

This is the perfect time of year to find a new egg basket (thank you Easter Bunny), your's is cute!

Back
Top Bottom