New -- Eggs Internally Pipped Yesterday. Now What?

So glad to hear the babies made it!
thumbsup.gif
Giving mine just a LITTLE more time before I intervene

I'm so glad they made it. If you want to add pictures, go to "Uploads" and click on the "browse" button to upload your photos. Then, it should give you an IMG code after they're uploaded that you can paste into your post. Can't wait to see them.

lol..I fell asleep with the laptop still on - so just woke now and am thrilled to hear they are ok. Sounds like the shrink wraping stopped them being able to turn.. there is a set of events all needing to happen in a certain wy and order for a good clean hatch. Being able to turn in the egg is what helps the yolk and blood from the veins to be absorbed, with out the turning- it can take longer. Just be carefull and check their bellies- infection is common with those who hatch with the yolk still not fully absorbed.

Enjoy those babies...they grow up way too fast.

Quote:
What should I look out for on their bellies?

Two of them still have marble sized yolks still attached. The other three seem either very tired or weak--they just slither across; also opened their eyes, but have kept them closed most of the time. All of them are peeping though.

The yolk will either fully absorb- or dry up and fall off. Look for redness or swelling in the umbilical area. Keeping these little guys on a dry clean surface will help to stop any infection. They may take 24 hours or so before they are up and running around- but they should get more active as time passes if they are to survive. They should be fine- but difficult hatches can weaken them greatly.

Dont they sound so cute?? Hope they are all up and about soon for you.

I wanted to know if my ducklings were too weak, so I searched YouTube.

I found a video that gave me some hope.

It's a long video, but worth watching if you're having the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom