New from Blue Springs, MO help w/ no chicken laws!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkenstein25pizapw1422396370.jpg

I, too, would love to know if there are any changes. I just started looking into this, so while I am completely new, I would love to know how to move forward, while living in Blue Springs, Mo! I almost have the money needed to buy the coop and all the starter stuff for it, and then I found this......I am sad. I will help anyone who is currently trying to change this law! Just let me know what I can do to help, or heck, where to start if everyone else has given up on it!

EDIT:

After some research, I have to wonder if anyone has tried to get a Conditional Use?

Section 215.125Livestock and Farm Animals.
[Ord. No. 3179 §3, 11-1-1999]

Last edited:
I think the main issue is no one knows where to start or how to organize people behind them so this can actually get moving. So many people in this city want to be able to keep chickens, but none of us really know what to do.

I will be putting together a few things and going to a few of the council meetings. They are open to the public, and we can even ask questions there. I am going to try and get the ball rolling on this. What I need mostly, is a lot of supporters who are local. I will figure this out, and talk to the people who need talked too.

Did you go to a City Council meeting? If so what happened? If not I'd be happy to get together with a couple of the council members that I talk to and see what we can get going. They've all been very helpful to me in other situations over the past year. I just haven't had the time or drive yet to tackle this subject.

Did you go to a City Council meeting? If so what happened? If not I'd be happy to get together with a couple of the council members that I talk to and see what we can get going. They've all been very helpful to me in other situations over the past year. I just haven't had the time or drive yet to tackle this subject.
I haven't been able to due to a death in the family that took me away from here for a little while. I will be looking into it over this next month. I still plan on tackling this topic, but any help would be awesome! Let me know what you want to do!

Last edited:
Any movement with any actions guys? I just bought a house in July in BS and now as i get established, i would love to have some backyard chickens. Moving from a chicken friendly city to a non-friendly city was a tough decision but the decision was made anyways and now i can just hope for change.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom