New from East Texas!

LoriAnn

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 26, 2012
Hi everyone! My name is Lori and I live outside of Pittsburg, TX. I am completely new to chickens. My in-laws are the ones living with the chickens right now, but my husband and I brooded them until they were ready for the coop. We all (extended family) have a kind-of family farm, so the chickens belong to all of us. We have 24 Rhode Island Reds. They are so wonderful! (although I don't have any other breeds to compare with). I spent a lot of hours with them when we were brooding them, holding them, petting them, and talking to them. Now my MIL says they come immediately when she calls. We lock them in the coop at night, and let them out into their run during the day. When we're out working in the garden or expanding the coop, we let them free range. They are so much fun!! I can't wait to get more.

I found this website through Pintrest (another website in which I love!)

I am a stay-at-home mom, to two kindergarteners and a fourth grader. I love to organize, although I'm not very good at it. I'm trying to learn how to cook. I would love to learn how to sew. And of course we are always looking for ways to expand the farm. You'd think after 15 years of marriage I would be better at some of this stuff, but I was in the Army for most of it, and didn't have time to learn.

I have a husband, 3 kids, 1 cat, 1 lizard, and 24 chickens. I have a feeling I am just at the beginning of the best part of my life!!

Lori

Welcome to BYC!!
Rhodebar-Chickens-cut-out.jpg

Glad you joined us!!!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Sewing and cooking is fun and you'll get the hang of in no time. I hated sewing and never learned to do it properly, then the quilting bug got me and I now make quilts and enjoy it! I never thought spending hours and hours with a needle and thread could be so much fun. For cooking, just hang out in the kitchen with someone (maybe MIL) and watch. You'll learn a lot just by watching people cook. That's how I learned, by watching my mom in the kitchen. Enjoy!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad that you are here. Been married 48 years and still trying to get things right. The Princess says that I am a work in progress.

Hi everyone! My name is Lori and I live outside of Pittsburg, TX. I am completely new to chickens. My in-laws are the ones living with the chickens right now, but my husband and I brooded them until they were ready for the coop. We all (extended family) have a kind-of family farm, so the chickens belong to all of us. We have 24 Rhode Island Reds. They are so wonderful! (although I don't have any other breeds to compare with). I spent a lot of hours with them when we were brooding them, holding them, petting them, and talking to them. Now my MIL says they come immediately when she calls. We lock them in the coop at night, and let them out into their run during the day. When we're out working in the garden or expanding the coop, we let them free range. They are so much fun!! I can't wait to get more.

I found this website through Pintrest (another website in which I love!)

I am a stay-at-home mom, to two kindergarteners and a fourth grader. I love to organize, although I'm not very good at it. I'm trying to learn how to cook. I would love to learn how to sew. And of course we are always looking for ways to expand the farm. You'd think after 15 years of marriage I would be better at some of this stuff, but I was in the Army for most of it, and didn't have time to learn.

I have a husband, 3 kids, 1 cat, 1 lizard, and 24 chickens. I have a feeling I am just at the beginning of the best part of my life!!

Lori
LoriAnn (what a cute name.). Hello from Missouri!!
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you are here....Once you join BYC you have a family of ppl who wont be bored (like some )when you talk" chicken" we ALL understand. YES there are many breeds and sizes colors and i am sure very soon you will fall in love with some and HAVE to have them!! GOOD LUCk in your chicken adventure.

Back
Top Bottom