New from Medford, MA

welcome-byc.gif
, from Mablevale, Arkansas.

Check with your County Extention Office, they should know.

Hi CityChickadee!

I also moved to Medford recently, and was looking for information on whether urban chicken keeping was legal.

I got in touch with several Medford city representatives, and have inspired them to draft up an urban hen-keeping permit regulation document, which means we're on the way to making hen-keeping in Medford, MA officially legal!

If you're still in the area and interested in keeping hens, I'd suggest you talk with the animal control officer and ask for updates, or please offer him any information you may have about local groups / people he can talk to about this. I've already passed on ordinances and laws from Somerville, Arlington, and Boston which are similar.

I'm really looking forward to following this, and getting everything set up so that I can have hens next year in the spring! (This year is 11 + raised beds, 3 yards worth of gardening / fruit trees, and painting the house exterior, so I have my hands full!)

Hi CityChickadee!

I also moved to Medford recently, and was looking for information on whether urban chicken keeping was legal.

I got in touch with several Medford city representatives, and have inspired them to draft up an urban hen-keeping permit regulation document, which means we're on the way to making hen-keeping in Medford, MA officially legal!

If you're still in the area and interested in keeping hens, I'd suggest you talk with the animal control officer and ask for updates, or please offer him any information you may have about local groups / people he can talk to about this. I've already passed on ordinances and laws from Somerville, Arlington, and Boston which are similar.

I'm really looking forward to following this, and getting everything set up so that I can have hens next year in the spring! (This year is 11 + raised beds, 3 yards worth of gardening / fruit trees, and painting the house exterior, so I have my hands full!)
images

Welcome to BYC!

I sure hope you can get some chickens soon! I can't imagine having to deal with all these laws and sympathize with you guys in the urban areas and all the neighbors and regulations. Keep us posted and enjoy all your adventures!

Hi CityChickadee!

Hello, from Araknsas.
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom