New from Montana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by karlamaria, Jan 30, 2011.

1. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Hi Karla here from Montana and ready to learn everything there is to know about raising chickens! [​IMG]
    I just can not find the laws in my town yet. [​IMG]

(1) Are you new to chickens ... ]Im very new, and Im so excited !I have wanted to raise chickens all my life, I have decided that if I can be approved by my neighbors who are wonderful folks, I want to have a pretty play house coop built and raise 6 for the kids and I.

when did you first get chickens? Im still waiting for the weather to warm up to get one built. ( looking to have one built by May [​IMG]

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? None, but we plan on 6

(3) What breeds do you have? we are looking for some that will do well in Montana weather, the house we are going to have built will be a heavy duty warm play house looking co-op and we will be getting cold weather hardy chickens.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?I am blessed to find you on the web [​IMG]

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? with three kids and me being in my 50's and taking care of three family members have no time any more for hobbies. Im looking forward to having chickens for enjoyment

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    Im a grand mother, raising 2 little boys ( grand children from birth ( there both 8 and 10 ) and a 16 yer old. Im a home health nurse and care for mom dad and my handicapped nephew. Im busy ! I have 3 dogs, and they go to work with me each day, we also buy our chicken eggs from folks who free range them on there farms, but I want my own and not have to pay 2.50 a dozen!
    I hope I do not drive you all nuts with questions LOL

2. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    San Pablo, CA
    Welcome [​IMG] You'll find a wealth of information and a flock of friendly folks here.

3. renart

renart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Kingston, WA
    Welcome from NW Washington! [​IMG]

4. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. Josh_Manors

Josh_Manors Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2011
    SE Florida
    Hello & welcome from S.FL!

8. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets farm in Ocala, FL
    [​IMG]

9. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    Hi
    Im originally from Great Falls and even though I live in Colorado Im still a Montanan. Welcome![​IMG]

10. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    I am also new and from SW Montana! My Mother in law has bantee sp? chickens along with ducks and geese, so I am not totally new to chickens, but look forward to going through all the wonderful information here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by