New from NJ. Just hatched first silkie eggs! :)

Cirwin201

In the Brooder
Oct 31, 2018
hi everyone!! I’m Cara from NJ!

I first got chickens march 2017. I have 5 silkies (1 roo) and a lavender Orpington Roo and a female “broiler chicken” that my friend saved lol.

I have a home decor blog (@goldalamode) and I post a ton of chicky vids there.

I just hatched my first set of silkies. I learned A LOT! it was quite stressful doing it the first time actually. One has a vaulted skull and having some issues but hope to find some answers here :)

Looking forward to learning more. Thanks! 048B6CB9-A02D-475F-86D7-335AB9981C03.jpeg

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Cara! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Silkies and polishes are more prone to problems with deformities of the head or skull than most breeds. Euthanasia is the only solution in most cases. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Cara! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Silkies and polishes are more prone to problems with deformities of the head or skull than most breeds. Euthanasia is the only solution in most cases. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Thank you so much!! Little guy/ girl seems to be doing A LOT better. I think t was cold in the brooder. Back in incubator for a bit sleeping like a baby now. :)

View attachment 1577230

Hi Cara, it's nice to have you here!

I see you've already posted a question about your little one with the issues...hope you get some advice/help with that.

Best of luck to you and thanks for joining us!

Thank you so much!! This is a great place because I was thinking the WORST and people helped me realize that the chick was just cold lol. Vaulted skull seems to be just fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom