New from Reno, NV!

HenQueen

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 10, 2012
Hi all -

So glad I found this site! New to "chickening", not new to animal raising. Must say my girls (6) have added a dimension and hilarity to our yard (and home when they break in).

The rundown: 5 month olds - Buff Orphington "Popcorn", Bard Rock "Brosia", Auraucana "Egger"
3 month olds - Silver Wyandotte "Nevada", Rhode Island Red "Misty", Swiss Australope "Charlotte"

The older ones are in a naughty phase, the younger ones want to be in our laps all the time!!!!!

A few issues to deal with:

The girls have taken over the yard. Time to get a large coop to put them all in at some point here. Have to wait until it is safe for the pullets. If I could sell chicken poo I'd be a millionaire!

Finding a coop big enough for all of them without breaking the bank, this is my Holy Grail.

Looking forward to learning, sharing and thriving through my "chicken years" on this board! And if you are in Northern Nevada - let me know! Strength in numbers. While I type this they are putting up a ruckus - good lord girls this is not a biker bar! :)

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png

Welcome to BYC (there's a lot of good folks on here ~'-)

Love the picture your avatar is based on -- reminds me of the theater masks that are always seen in pairs, with one laughing like the one to the left and the other .. well ... just like the picture.

As for *finding* a coop that won't break the bank? Short of gettin' one from somebody that has no need for it anymore, building (or having one built) is by far the better value.

Thank you for the warm welcome!!!

I am leaning towards pulling the kids together and building a "pellet coop", if we get in a jam I will have a construction buddy help for a few home cooked meals and cleaning!

BTW I am originally from Muskegon, MI - great hearing from you - xoxo

And PS - yes, that picture always makes me laugh. I am certain there is a story there!

Back
Top Bottom