New From Tennessee

sheilan54

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 9, 2014
I'm excited to have found this site and after lurking for a few weeks decided to join in. Although my family always raised chickens when i was younger, i was amazed at how little i knew about it until recently when i purchased 11 chicks. Of course at 54 there's quite a few things i have forgotten. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and say i am glad i found this site with so many folks who do know what they are doing. I have picked up so many great tips and ideas already.

images

Welcome to BYC!

I too grew up around poultry but when it came time in my own life to get back into chickens, somehow I was clueless!!
lol.png

So glad you could join our community. If you have any questions, that is what we are here for. Enjoy this fun journey you are on and welcome to our flock!

Thank you so much. I have always wanted my own flock but always to busy to do it. My husband has never been very keen on the idea because in the summer i make to huge gardens and babysit grandchildren, along with my youngest daughter who is 12. Do to the fact that i was diagnosed with Lupus it's harder now for me to work the gardens like i should, so we came to a compromise. If i only plant a few items i can have chickens, so here we are. The funny thing about it is, he really seems to be warming up to the brooder full of 4 week old chicks. Go Figure

Back
Top Bottom